CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Faktora

Faktora Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just do not think that the CPU should be always on that speed while I leave my laptop on desktop and unused. Also I feel like it adds up heat since the wattage is increased to run this speed. As I said I do not need it when I am doing nothing.

Stop XTU, manage CPU and re-apply on start up are all checked. Monitoring is done via Task Manager and HWMonitor (they are used only shortly for fast check up), this happens even after fresh start of the laptop so I do not think that it is program related. Also for heads up there is nothing I can do in the BIOS (as CPU settings) since this laptop's BIOS is pretty locked and nothing special can be changed.

2. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  3. Faktora

Reputations:
    anytimer likes this.
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Messing around with the C-states can cause that as can the CPU power options in the advanced settings in power management. Changing the windows power level can also impact idle speeds.

5. Faktora

Reputations:
    I did try with power options but to no avail. Looked in BIOS for the C-states (found about it somewhere in google) but as I said BIOS is pretty locked and there was no such option (in my case others will vary). The only thing that helped was anytimer's suggestion for the slider.

6. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The keyboard app needs an update. Even ticking the start on tray option it randomly starts there. Most of the times it doesn't start on tray at all for some reason.

Can you look into it @John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Running Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (Build: 17763.1098)

7. Faktora

Reputations:
    Earlier I had a problem with it, when I make changes and then restart my laptop, my changes were not saved. After reinstalling the program it fixed it. Now after restart the LED Profile starts correctly, so I would suggest to try reinstalling it to see if that helps.

8. TGFB3

TGFB3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Stupid question:

Does anybody know how to redownload the BIOS from within the Updater? I installed XTU on a p775 TM1-G and it resulted in the power levels being set to defaults (it happened also on my old 775DM1-G), so the turbo stops after 20 seconds or so with a Power Limit Throttle state whereas before it would stick at 4.3-4.4 without issue (it is also visible if I e.g start rendering, it´s much slower after this). I remember that removing XTU and then updating the bios solved the issue on my other laptop, but I can´t figure out how to get the files from the updater to flash it.
    (or alternatively, if there is a better solution, I am all ears...).

I also cannot see the "Power Mode" tab which Faktora shows in his post, nor I have any other power options besides the default in Windows "Balanced"; I do not know if this can be part of the issue. I only have XTU (uninstalled, did no change to previous), and CC/Updater/Fan/Keyboard apps, on w10 1909. I reset the Bios to the option of "optimized defaults" but did not change it. I also noticed that the turbo power limit is set to 65W, which is the TDP for the base clocks of my CPU (i9 9900); again, I do not know if this can be related or not.

Temperatures stayed under 70 throughout all of this.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  9. Faktora

Reputations:
    Power options are found in the control station which is a separate program that (kind of) unites the 3 other programs.

10. TGFB3

TGFB3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My bad - I meant I cannot see that tab on the control station, not in the updater (I have both installed)
    I remember the Control Station asking to install Clevo CC components, do I need to install that to see the power mode tab? I installed said components but not the full clevo CC.