CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    OI have a bad feeling...they did not reply to my email, John is offline, offline chat support is also offline ...

2. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't have a Facebook account, but Obsidian PC seems to be active there from a quick visit.

3. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Everything is fine with John. I spoke with him on the phone 2 days ago and he took some time for himself and his family. He should be back soon. Just chill and don't make stories where there are none. Chill out and give him a break

4. skandal

skandal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Check if the device isn't disabled in the Windows Device Manager.

RobCrack92 likes this.
  5. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC

I was wondering how the illegal software user count is doing? Is it still in the thousands, or did everything work?

6. EARNEST

EARNEST Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am not sure what's going on with my scaling here:

Update: fixed with the resize (such a noob)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  7. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I have realised some license issue, whenever I change cpu I loose the license. The support helped me but it happened again.
    I have reinstalled the win 10 but the keyboard manager does not work. No matter what I set it does not change the color :( any tip how to resolve that? thx!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  8. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had this happen in strange ways as well. Upgrading from the 6700K to the 9700K (with the dsanke BIOS that supported both, as 1.5.something), the UUID initially changed and then rolled back again (which required John to change and then revert my activation details). Following a reinstall of Win10, the UUID changed again and stuck.

For the keyboard manager, I think you need FanControl installed for some supporting library to be available; you don't need to run it, though, from what I recall.

9. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thx!
    For the licence thingy I have written to the support, regarding the keyboardLED I will wipe down everything then reinstall all 3 apps.

10. Alex_89

Alex_89 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi! I really like all the Obsidian Tools that saved me from a lot of troubles.

I would have 2 suggestions:

1. Could Control Station register an hotkey to apply brightness fix? Sometimes, when I launch full-screen 3D applications on my P955ET1, the brightness resets to 100% and becomes not adjustable. I can minimize the application and click on "Apply brightness fix on start" in Control Station to fix it, but when I restore to the full-screen application the brightness is broken again.

2. Could KeyboardLED register an hotkey to enable and disable lightning? When using full-screen applications, it could be useful.

For the point 1, I realized a small C++ program that registers an hotkey and sends a WM_POWERBROADCAST / PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND message to Control Station when the hotkey event fires. In this way, when the brightness breaks, I press that hotkey and the brightness gets fixed immediately, also in full-screen applications.

For the point 2, is there some kind of message I could send to KeyboardLED to enable or disable lightning?

Thank you very much!

TheChosen0ne likes this.