CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Adobo9

Adobo9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey @John@OBSIDIAN-PC just bought the driver updater and couldn't be happier! I was debating purchasing it, but now I pulled the trigger and am super impressed.

Just a question however. I had an older version of Obsidian PC Control center, and that had built in throttlestop, and now, under CPU tuning, the choice is for Intel XTU for undervolting.

Now, I used to use throttlestop only, and have heard that intel xtu could possibly screw with some fan stuff. However, I have deleted CCC and am solely using your stuff. Do you think it's alright for me to use XTU now? Granted, I haven't been following the forums for like the last year or so! Thanks so much for everything :)

2. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Actually you won't be using XTU - Control Station will be using it to implement your settings.

joluke likes this.
  3. anytimer

Reputations:
    Intel vga driver appears to be borked. 26.20.100.7463 Says the driver being installed is not validated for this computer and I should get it from the manufacturer.

EDIT : needed to uninstall the previous driver with DDU.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    We use XTU only to apply values, select the "Stop XTU services" and it should only use it to apply values and then it kills all it´s services ;)

Yeah the Intel graphics driver is a mess!!!! They are always changing the install process and it´s giving us a hard time finding a way that will always install :(

Also, good news:
    It seems some resellers are finally starting to use our software, we would like to welcome www.silentmaxx.de ! They are now shipping their laptops with our Fan Control Software (not sure about Control Station or Keyboard LED).

We are also working with some other resellers to adapt our software for them! If we get around 5 resellers this will be great for all apps since i will be able to put A LOT more hours into them.

TheChosen0ne, dm477, relobe and 7 others like this.
  5. turn00

turn00 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Congrats!!!

joluke likes this.
  6. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Awesome job

anytimer likes this.
  7. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Congrats! I know it's been slow to adapt, but heck, glad to see it happening.

anytimer likes this.
  8. Alfly

Alfly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi John,

I have a small issue with the software. When my laptop starts without web connection Updater tells me "software not activated". Then when i switch on the wifi it still tells me "not activated".

Another thing, the audio driver for my P751DM2 is not working, i can't decrease sound level (driver 6.0.1.8591).

Bye

anytimer likes this.
  9. anytimer

Reputations:
    I can confirm this. I have to either restart the laptop, or exit and restart the Updater.

10. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I sent a PM a while back asking, but perhaps here is a better place. My old mainboard died and was replaced; the tools obviously reject the licenses on the replacement board due to the new UUID. Is there a way to assign the new UUID to the old licenses, or will the tools need to be re-purchased for the replacement board)?