CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ultra Male, Feb 13, 2017.

1. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yep! Fancy glass effects that don't even work and break a system! Uninstalled and good to go :D

2. -BaTaB-

-BaTaB- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Hello John, Updater app still gives me intel drivers that are not working. I think that out of the last 3 or 4 versions I couldn't install a single one.

The only way I could update was by forcing it from device manager (at least the last time I updated, this time I didn't even try)

3. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    You mean Intel HD VGA driver?

4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Sorry you can´t add that in the UEFI...
    And yeah the keyboard shortcuts do not work for it either, it would need to filter the keystrokes.... and there are A LOT of issues with keyboard filter drivers. I would avoid that at all cost.

5. -BaTaB-

Reputations:
    Yeah exactly.
    Don't really know if this has something to do with the webcam not working anymore too. Although the webcam not working might be due to latest big windows 10 update I think. While Intel HD VGA driver is probably not working since way earlier.

6. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    OK guys, this was a really stressful month for me, for reasons that i ended up explaining here:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/warning-obsidian-pc.829797/

For the first time in 3 years, i´m gonna take 2 weeks out, i need some time to rest and spend with wife!
    Please be patient! Hopefully i´ll be back in full force and more productive.

7. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No apologies necessary! It sounds like the month from hell for you. Turn off notifications and enjoy yourself! :)

8. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There are now two types of drivers - standard and DCH. If you have the standard drivers installed, it can be a bit difficult to go to DCH. Intel drivers usually manage to make the change, however. Nvidia drivers are tougher to switch to the new driver style.

I suggest using DDU Display Driver Uninstaller to clean your system of the old drivers, following which the new drivers will get installed without fuss.
    Download the DCH Nvidia drivers from geforce website and the Intel drivers from the intel website.
    Use DDU to clean both Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers, then reboot and install Intel and Nvidia drivers.

You only need to do this once. After both your graphics drivers have been changed to the DCH versions, further updates will happen without fuss.

9. -BaTaB-

Reputations:
    Get the hell out of here. Nothing is worst than a burnout and you need some relax. Enjoy your vacation!

More vacation = less stress
    Less stress = more work

.... thus, more vacation = more work

Jokes aside, working less can really results in being more productive so don't worry.

10. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey John,

On the updater app: Could you add support for the Killer WiFi AX1650x?
    Some systems, such as HIDEvolution's Evoc P775TM1-R have this card as a configuration option.
    I'm assuming it's missing from Obsidian PC's updater because none of the systems being sold by Obsidian PC come with this wireless adapter.

And do enjoy the vacation. Rest time is indeed necessary :)