CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've noticed that too, but that's the only one that 'needs to be opened in CC3', and I suspect it really says that because it fails to open due to the 8750H being OC locked. The 9750H isn't overclockable either AFAIK. I think CPU Overclocking is just included for the few models that can use it. All the more reason to just uninstall it all and only keep the parts you'll use. The core CC3 app is completely unneeded if you only use LEDs and Hotkeys (or whatever parts yourself will use)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  2. vIkInG_w0w

vIkInG_w0w Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I found it and the related apps. Installed LEDs Keyboard Setting but the app refuses to open. Probably something to do with Control Station blocking some clevo stuff. (Too tired right now to figure it out, I'll try tomorrow)

3. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  4. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just a word: the Intel Bluetooth driver is not getting updated.
    Installed: 21.10.1.1
    Latest: 21.20.0.4

Running the update presents with options to change, repair and remove. Nothing worked. Even uninstalled and deleted driver files, then installed the new driver. Still showing old driver even after multiple reboots.

5. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Same here on my P775DM3-G. Same issue after multiple reboots

6. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    To be honest IRST is mostly for RAID setups, if you have mechanical driver you can still use RST for the report features, personally i never install it!

Already took a great deal of my time checking if there was individual packages that would actually work without adding additional services and without having to run the full CCC, did not work.
    Also the service that takes care of OSD messages brings me nightmares, it was the old BSOD cause...
    I would like to have the Keyboard LED part of the app to run individually, specially because of the Per-Key users... and well... it would be one less app that i would have to keep coding and updating.
    If anyone manages to make the LED app work individually that would be great.

Yeap, noticed that too, reverted back!

anytimer likes this.
  7. Ashlander

Reputations:
    It works individually for me just fine. I currently only have TS, HWinfo, Keyboard LEDS, and Hotkeys installed, and can verify that both the LED and hotkeys apps work fine independently.

I believe I even used it alongside your CC app, but I might've made the switch to TS + HWinfo before actually using it, so I'm not 100% if it worked then. I'll have to test it again when I get home.

8. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Guess I'll give it another try then.

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

HawkInOz likes this.
  9. Ashlander

Reputations:
    I guess it's possible it could depend on the model, but I don't know why that would be the case. I'm on a PB51, and I also download them from the Microsoft store (as opposed to the CC3 bundled apps from Clevos/resellers driver pages), in case any of this helps.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  10. mollu

mollu Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I'm fresh owner of Clevo PB71RF-G. I bought Fan and Updater. I knew that my laptop is no right now supporting by you.
    There are few things that not working right now:
    KeyboardLED - I'm only can turn on and off from app - it's not possible to control from kb.
    Mouse pad - i'm not able to turn on/off from kb only from app
    Control Station - I setup uv max -135 and my laptop is working - is possible get higher? (i7 9750h), recommended setup of cores and W is not suitable for this procesor -(IMHO)