CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ultra Male, Feb 13, 2017.

1. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    All our apps are getting upgrades but should be already working.
    As for Updater and drivers in general you will have the following issues:
    - detected / installed chipset driver will be outdated and you won't be able to upgrade (ignore it for now)
    - SBX won't work, audio driver might be replaced but should work

That's it.

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

optimisez likes this.
  2. Bongripper666

Bongripper666 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Oops...

I did reinstall them all and everything is back to normal.

3. vIkInG_w0w

vIkInG_w0w Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC would it ATLEAST be possible to turn off keyboard backlight in per-key RGB models? The blue light is driving me nuts and I'm really getting irritated by it to the point of wanting to install CCC to disable it but am holding myself back for obvious reasons.

How about making a telemetry software that collects the necessary data required to program the per-key RGB. I'm willing to be a "beta tester" for it.

4. Virusapex

Virusapex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC It's a P775TM1 with Windows 10 1809.

5. NierALaptop

NierALaptop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi @John@OBSIDIAN-PC,

I am getting notification in the updater app that my windows is outdated. I am currently on windows 1803 which should still be supported by windows, I don't want to update to 1903 until I am sure it is safe.
    Should I update or stay on windows 1803?

6. putino

putino Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi @John@OBSIDIAN-PC,

I updated both the Audio driver and the SBX with the new Updater (love your work, btw), but I'm unable to get *both* the Realtek Audio Console and the SBX working properly.

When I open the Realtek Audio Console I get this error:

upload_2019-6-10_14-58-33.png

(Translated by Italian it is: "doesn't support this computer")

And when I open SBX I get this message at the bottom:

upload_2019-6-10_14-59-43.png

(Translated by Italian it is: "Doesn't recognize an audio device")

This is my driver list:

upload_2019-6-10_15-1-27.png

upload_2019-6-10_15-1-47.png

As you can see my SoundBlaster version is 2.0.0.36.

I've tried anything I can to fix this issue from deleting everything related to Creative/Soundblaster and reistalling both SBX and the Audio drivers included in the Updater, but without any luck so far.

My PC is a P775DM3(-G) from an italian seller (Santech), and my Windows version is the latest 1903.

Can you help me please?

UPDATE1: after updating Realtek driver to the new version (6.0.8694.1) available here, I've been able to get Realtek Audio Console working again: https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/S...0-8694-1-for-Windows-10-May-2019-Update.shtml

I'm still yet unable to get Sound Blaster Connect working, however. I'm beginning to think that it's someone correlated to the new Windows version 1903.

UPDATE2: my fault, only now I've been able to read the previous John's post and I've seen that are mentioned some issues with Windows 1903 that I've missed before. Here is what I've found:

I've been able to upgrade the chipset and ME driver without any issue as you can see by my driver screenshot.

This is correct. SBX doesn't work at all. Regarding the Audio driver I've been able to get it work only after upgrading the version 8694 as written in the update 1.

Thanks a lot,
    Daniele

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  7. spayk

spayk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hiya,
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC a question.
    Do you or prema crew work with the Dream Machine resellers of clevo?

8. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    I have no official deal to work with resellers.
    The best I got was a couple of resellers who buy per-license to offer to their clients ( I think only for Updater software ) but I have no control over those, I can see some buying it looking at sales, and I made half price deals with two of them, that's it.
    Hence why I keep saying that the lack of support and the low profits make this project not reliable on a long purpose investment strategy for my company.
    Heck all this time and hours of code would be better invested in more profitable areas.

People selling methods to unlock my apps is common in some places, specially China.
    So no resellers support + CLEVO not being supportive + hacking will lead to me waking up one day and say "f*** this, I have plenty of other things where I can make money".

So, to answer your question, no, and don't expect it, I been contacted by most of them, I went on to offer all my known apps + some which are not even known for 600eur per month, non accepted it.
    I'm not giving everything + server space + continuous support and 8h a day of development for less then that. I rather work at MacDonald's.

Yeah I rather say it publicly and have everyone know, there's so so much I can do...

9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Give me some more days to fix everything with the new windows update.
    Will get there soon.

optimisez and joluke like this.
  10. putino

putino Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ok thank you!