CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ultra Male, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Zomeguy

Zomeguy Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the latest packages, I mentioned the versions in brackets. Also, I do run the default Defender AV.

Meanwhile I researched the Scheduled Task issue and found that this error is normal. It cannot work.
    It is not possible in recent Windows to automatically start an interactive process (that has GUI) with elevated rights (admin) as a standard user.
    Only solution would be to indirectly start the process through a system service, which you are not doing, right?

So, the Control Center not starting automatically I guess is normal. Is everyone running Windows really using an Admin acount?
    Do you plan to change the design of Control Center?

What about the brightness issue?

Thank you.

2. Zomeguy

Zomeguy Newbie

Reputations:
    joluke likes this.
  3. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Wait, does that mean your windows user account does NOT have admin rights? Is that it?

Because we install latest clean Windows on all new units we sell everyday.
    We even update Windows to latest version.
    We install our apps on ALL the laptops.
    We never encountered that problem.

Lynx2017 likes this.
  4. Zomeguy

Zomeguy Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry, not sure I understand.

I did not buy the laptop from you, only the software (50€).
    Yes, my Windows user is a Standard Account, not an admin account.

I also share the laptop with familly members who each have their own standard account.
    Isn't that the basic setup that everyone should have?

Edit: The brightness issue is only after the screen wakes up (not after sleep) identical to what @anytimer experiences. The screen is 100% and hotkeys don't work.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    anytimer likes this.
  5. Mavitas

Mavitas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, new quality update from windows coming and it made the Realtek go wrong again
    Whenever I plug my headphone to headphone jack, i can't hear any sound coming from the headphone, instead the sound still coming from the machine speaker. I tried to open the Realtek Audio Console but it closed immediately after.
    Need help

Edit: Just did a reinstall on realtek driver, nothing works. SBX can open but not the Realtek console, I opened it and it closed immediately without any error shown. (when i uninstalled the realtek driver, the sound could come out the headphone jack meaning my jack still worked, but then reinstalled the newest realtek driver from Updater made it not working again)
    Can i use the new SBX with the old Realtek driver?

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  6. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What laptop model do you have?
    Without Admin A LOT of stuff in Control Station will not work.
    Moving it all to a service is going to be hella hard, not sure when i will be able to have that done (although it´s planned like with all the other apps).

What laptop model?

7. joluke

joluke Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You should have looked into known issues regarding the new windows update via Google. It's not related at all with this software but because Creative is using an outdated certificate and the drivers simply refuse to work with the new update. It's being worked between Microsoft, Creative and Realtek.

8. Zomeguy

Zomeguy Newbie

Reputations:
    I found a workaround and I am now using the tool RunAsRob which installs a system service.
    You can then call this service (f.ex.through a shortcut or a scheduled task) giving as parameter your application and it will be started with admin or system privileges:
    https://runasrob.com/RunAsRobRunAsAdminAsSystem.html
    https://runasrob.com/RunAsRobRunAsAdminWithEnvironment.html

For the brightness issue, my Clevo model is PA71ES-G

Thank you.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    joluke likes this.
  9. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Note to add to my brightness issue: every time I quit a 3D game, I'm at 100% brightness.

@John@OBSIDIAN-PC maybe you could add a global keyboard shortcut to manually reapply the brightness fix? I'm clicking this in the Control Station several dozen times a day. I have to bring up Control Station, uncheck 'apply brightness fix on start', then recheck it. OR click to move the brightness slider in Control Station.

10. Mavitas

Mavitas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    P650HS

Probably, I'm trying to pair the new SBX with the OEM Realtek driver that came along with the machine and it's somehow.. worked partially (sometimes both working, but also sometimes, no sound coming from the headphone jack). And yes, tried to look into this issue on Google but got nothing.
    God damn it Microsoft

anytimer likes this.