CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ultra Male, Feb 13, 2017.

1. optimisez

optimisez Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi @John@OBSIDIAN-PC, does P650RS-G support DCH Nvidia driver?

2. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Well test it if it throws an error then it does not.

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

3. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Updater 2.5.9 updated the NVIDIA DCH driver perfectly from 430.53 DCH to 430.64 DCH. :D
    Force NVIDIA driver type was left at the Default setting.
    Thanks for your excellent work.

Some very minor stuff to clean up:

Fan Control:
    While updating to the latest version, I had to change my wifi internet connection while the update was still downloading. The download failed, naturally, but I still got the popup message that Fan Control had been updated successfully. Not a big issue - I just clicked the 'update' button again - but the 'success' message should not have been shown.
    Also, when you ask whether Fan Control can be restarted in Admin mode for updating, and the user clicks yes, Fan Control restarts in admin mode, but doesn't actually update. Maybe you can change the message to add the line: Click the 'update' button after Fan Control restarts. or something like that.

Updater:
    The driver download progress bar displays overall average speed, not the average speed over the past second or so, so if the download stalls, (e.g. I exceed my daily download bandwidth quota), the indicated speed doesn't immediately show the reduced speed. E.g. if I downloaded 80% of the file at 10 Mbps, and then the speed dropped to 100 kbps, the progress bar will still indicate 1 MB/s, slowly reducing over many minutes.

4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    I know about those too... both on the TODO list.
    Until this next Friday im a bit, well... lets say out of myself :p
    So please gimme more time to fix those! Hopefully by Friday i´ll be back with a very good extra motivation! :D

anytimer likes this.
  5. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ahhh... this maybe explains the high CPU usage of WmiPrvSE? I turned off auto-off and CPU usage for that went back to 0.

6. Matt111

Matt111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    it looks like v2.4.0 fixed the problem, no shutdowns in view while with 2.3.9 it was common to have one after 30 min/1 hour of light use so I don't know what changed but great work, thank you

7. gannjunior

gannjunior Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Very happy by obsidian package. I see everything in my computer is more reactive.

@John@OBSIDIAN-PC

A question: how can I be sure to reach the maximum load of 4.6 ghz of my cpu in single core processes?
    'cause I'm seeing it reach 4.3 Ghz.
    The only thing I did for now is the undervolt by -100mV
    I have the unlocked bios but I don't know which setting could I touch to be sure to reach my purpose.
    My system is what you can in my sign and the cpu is delidded and well cooled.

Thanks
    Ciao

8. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Happened again, after waking from sleep. Here's a video. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ndahcwupp9ju2pt/20190514_130428.mp4/file
    Not a big deal for me - just sending you feedback.

I felt I needed to post a video so you could see what was happening, which I have done. Won't bother you with this trivial thing unless you ask for more info. Anything that can get fixed with a simple reboot is not worth spending too much time to fix, IMHO.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Will take a look into that.

BTW, to anyone interested we have now started LINUX ports:

[​IMG]

We started with KeyboardLED and it´s already working, the first BETA should be out in a month or so.
    The Linux client base at OBSIDIAN-PC is growing fast and we feel they deserve more dedication from our side.
    All our Linux Apps will be free, and we hope to be able to provide at least a proper Keyboard LED app and a Fan Control app.

As always stay tuned: https://johnkeelnas.com/

10. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Control Center not detecting XTU, even tho I had installed the current release. When I enable "Manage CPU", it keeps wanting me to download the installer.