CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ultra Male, Feb 13, 2017.

1. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Dude, I must really be going blind, but I can't spot P950HP or P950HR in the list of models in Updater. I see P950EP and P950ER and the P950HP6 that I'm currently using.

2. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    P950HR is the same as P950HP6

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

3. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ah, okay. So P950HP6 did not give me DCH 430.53. Please let me know when it is ready for 430.64.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  4. HitZ2976

HitZ2976 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC Are you also the developer for obsidian laptops bios? There are missing some important features as intel SGX (know for messing with mouses) and intel management engine (huge security hole) disable. There are no options for managing acpi or any power saving settings besides c states. There are no options for RAM OC either, (xmp) profiles and such or at least i couldn't find them. It looks like gimped MSI stock bios, thank god though some guys figured a way to find the combination to get to the extended bios where you could modify basically everything.

5. Matt111

Matt111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, my laptop is a P751ZM and shuts down randomly since around 1-2 weeks (straight powered off, no blue screen, no warning) and then reboot.
    I tried a lot of things to find where the problem comes from (it's not temperatures and it's not overclocked, also happens when idle, plugged or on battery) and it seems that when I exit fan control and keyboardled, it does not shut down anymore (but it's random so I can't be 100% sure). I had no shutdowns since I did that 2 days ago, could it be something in the last updates of your softwares ? is there a link where I can try older versions of your softwares maybe ? thank you

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  6. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Please try it now. NVIDIA driver updater.

I also added a manual option in the settings tab, "Force NVIDIA Driver type". If you get an error when trying to install the nvidia driver you can manually select the driver type now ;)

anytimer likes this.
  7. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Nop that should not happen, it´s rock solid with my P775 even at REALLY fast pooling.
    Please update to latest version: 2.4.0
    If the shutdown happens again please let me know which Fan mode were you using when it happened and if KeyboardLED is using the "Auto-OFF" feature...
    "Auto-Off" is neet but i should remove it, it causes high DPC spikes since it uses the native CLEVO method, which sucks....
    I do NOT recommend to anyone using the Keyboard LED Auto-OFF feature!

joluke likes this.
  8. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Auto turn off? Why not? It is working ok on P950HR - wonder if I should turn it off?

9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    It's abusive as hell, sending ec data with the stock acpi method (same as Clevo CC) is really really bad.
    For KEYBOARDLED I'm still using the stock method (unfortunately).

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

joluke and djsubtronic like this.
  10. Matt111

Matt111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ok fan control v2.3.9 was installed, I updated to 2.4.0 and will report if it still happens, I never used "auto-off" from keyboardled