CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Glad to hear. I just diagnosed a really bad latency issue on my system. Turns out MS did a Class update on a component, and caused several AV packages to become out of compliance, including McAfee which I use. Finally uninstalled it and switched to Defender awaiting a software update from McAfee. According to some posting on their site, looks like they are rolling out a bunch of updates come May 14. But what a PITA to diagnose....

2. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC
    Noticed a momentary glitch with Control Station (v 1.3.2, but that might not be version dependent).
    This only happened one time, and a restart fixed this completely. Just posting it here so you can check if something might need fixing.

This is what I observed:
    1. Brightness slider started behaving weirdly. Clicking the track to the right of the slider increased the value (and brightness) for the first few clicks as expected, but then it would automatically slide back down to 10%. Tried it several times - very funny - I'd click to increase brightness, and again, and again, and suddenly the slider would smoothly go back to where I started.
    2. Jumping to different brightness levels using the Windows Mobility Centre or the brightness button in the notification grid (taskbar bottom right) worked fine, but in the Control Station the brightness slider followed the changes with the values divided by 2.
    Actual brightness - Control Station
    0 _____________ 0
    25 ____________ 12
    50 ____________ 25
    75 ____________ 37
    100 ___________ 50

I repeat: This only happened one time, and a restart fixed this completely. Just posting it here so you can check if something MIGHT need fixing.

3. albert6020123

albert6020123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    All apps show after boot a system despite I checked to don't do it. Please fix it fast, it is really irritating. It started to happen after I reinstall Windows and apps of course. I mean they should be hidden.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      400.3 KB
      Views:
  4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    You mean they show even with the option "Start minimized in system tray" selected?

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

5. Elrondolio

Elrondolio Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey @John@OBSIDIAN-PC. Just bought Updater yesterday for my Eurocom MX5 R2 (Clevo P650RS-G) but can't see the option in the Other tab to install CCC (used to be there in the older interface when I used to use the notebook check key). I thought I had read you had a custom version that disabled the hangy parts (XTU?). If I have your Control Station installed, does Updater hide CCC or something similar? Thanks.

Also, a heads up: the latest Nvidia driver 430.39 (and intermittently as far back as 419) has a pretty big bug in its telemetry system that constantly pegs CPUs anywhere from 7-20%. They released some hotfixed drivers recently that fix the issue:

GeForce Hotfix Driver 430.53

Fixes higher CPU usage by NVDisplay.Container.exe introduced in 430.39 driver
    3DMark Time Spy: Flickering observed when benchmark is launched
    BeamNG: Application crashes when game is launched
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Freezes when launched in SLI mode
    Desktop flickers when videos are played back on a secondary monitor

Windows 10 64-bit Standard Driver
    https://international.download.nvid...top-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe

Windows 10 64-bit DCH Driver
    https://international.download.nvid...notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch.hf.exe

Windows 7 64-bit/Windows 8.1 64-bit
    https://international.download.nvid...notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international.hf.exe

Not sure if you include hotfix drivers in your Updater updates but this is a pretty big bug.

For anyone else that wants to remove Nvidia's Telemetry data gathering system after each fresh driver install, you can simply paste this in an admin command prompt to uninstall only the telemetry system:

rundll32 "%PROGRAMFILES%\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2\InstallerCore\NVI2.DLL",UninstallPackage NvTelemetryContainer

The above uses Nvidia's own uninstaller to only remove the telemetry system they install without asking.

anytimer likes this.
  6. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Not everyone is reporting the hotfix addresses the NVContainer issue being fixed.

7. albert6020123

albert6020123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, pls fix it

8. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Updater 2.5.8 NVIDIA driver not getting updated to 430.53, because the version I have is 430.39 DCH and the updater is trying to install the non DCH version. Now downloading the DCH driver manually from NVIDIA website.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4798

EDIT: Manual installation of the DCH driver worked.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What laptop model do you have selected in the Updater software?
    Because i do have Regular driver for models who use it and DCH for models that use DCH.

10. Elrondolio

Elrondolio Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey @John@OBSIDIAN-PC. Can I get a reply on where CCC is in the Updater? Thanks.