CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Phoenix, Feb 13, 2017.

1. GeoFrank91

GeoFrank91 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It freezes when it goes to the gray screen after pressing shut down or restart. Still happens so I guess Fast Boot wasnt the issue :/

2. kaded

kaded Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey there, great work with this app!
    Unfortunately, my P650SE is not listed in the app :( Can I still select similar models with the same laptop chassis like P650HP6-G or P650RP6-G and use the app like this? I think some of drivers are the same. Would you please enlighten me good sir? :)

3. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes it is a great app

I used it successfully with my P870DMG using the DM3 profile as it has almost identical components. The tool detects drivers installed and their versions, if it doesn't detect the driver for a component when you know you have the stock driver installed, it means you don't have the hardware, so don't click the button on the tool (which will install the driver for hardware you don't have) you will have to update that driver manually

In almost every case there is no harm only benefit in updating drivers to a newer version. Clevo control centre is the exception because versions of that ARE specific to the model (EC interfacing, fan tables, CPU lists etc) so look at your owners lounge thread for the recommendation as to which version to install (or look in the driver files section of Obsidian website for your model)

dm477 and John@OBSIDIAN-PC like this.
  4. Rynaus

Rynaus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    An update for those who are having issues with NVidia display. After countless issues with the latest driver, hotfixes and Windows 10 Creators Update - like black screen during boot, graphics corruption, games crashing etc., I finally uninstalled the drivers using DDU and went back to version 378.92. This driver version is stable.

@John@OBSIDIAN-PC Looking at all the issues reported on the GeForce forum and faced by myself, I would suggest also to rollback the GeForce drivers to 378.92 also on your server until NVidia fixes all the issues. I had a nightmare for the past few days with the latest driver (including the hotfix which didn't solve anything)

. Screen going black (NVidia driver crash) during a cold boot.
    . Screen corruption - Sometimes there are artefacts on the screen. Also can be seen every time during shutdown
    . Corruption in games - After playing for a while, the graphics would render on a very low quality with lot of artefacts randomly appearing. I had to restart the game.
    . Poor performance

etc. etc.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  5. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Notebook Groundsloth

Reputations:
    It certainly great to have a utility for driver installs!

I've been trying it out with my P650RS-G

BTW, I noticed that the driver versions in some cases look different (some more recent) than the ones on the official Clevo site.

http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/download/ftpOut.asp?Lmodel=P6xxRS&ltype=9&submit=+GO+

For example, the Audio driver version listed there is "6.0.1.7898" whereas the driver installer has "6.0.1.8036". The nVidia driver version on the Clevo site is "21.21.13.6956" vs "22.21.13.8165". CCC on the Clevo site is "5.0001.0.98" vs "5.0001.1.07". I just want to confirm that these newer versions are recommended for the P650RS-G by someone. It would worry me a little bit if the tool scans for the most recent version and assumes that is the right one to use ;)

I've noticed a few issues that were unexpected:
    - The Audio driver install fails. I don't know if this is related to the previous report but there is no meaningful error message. Just "Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure !! [Error Code: 0xE000024B]"
    - The nVidia driver install also installs GeForce Experience - it would be great if I could just install the driver without the bloat!

EDIT: looks like the Audio driver failure is the same problem reported by @GeoFrank91 What is the fix/work-around for this?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  6. Rynaus

Rynaus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Drivers such as Realtek Audio Driver and NVidia GeForce drivers are generic, which means you can install the latest version directly from Realtek or NVidia. This is why it is always newer than what Clevo states as John updates them faster than Clevo on his server.

While installing the NVidia drivers, choose "Custom" instead of "Express" and here you can select only the Video Driver and PhysX.

FredSRichardson likes this.
  7. GeoFrank91

GeoFrank91 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    To get the audio driver to install I had to uninstall what the older driver I already had, then booted into advanced options (shift click restart from main menu) and turned off the driver signature requirement (it's a boot option, I think it was #7?).

You select the option in advanced boot options, it'll restart the computer. Then you install the driver. When it asks if you want to restart, click no.

Boot into advanced options again, select the option for turning off driver signature check/requirement (or whatever it's called). It'll reboot itself and I think it asks to restart again, but I'm not sure. If it does then you'd otherwise advanced reboot and choose the same option as before and that should be it.

woodlaker and FredSRichardson like this.
  8. FredSRichardson

Reputations:
    Thank you for the clear instructions on this! +rep!

GeoFrank91 likes this.
  9. FredSRichardson

Reputations:
    Is this true for CCC? I have to admit I am very cautious when installing that.

Woops, my bad! I should have been more careful during install.

10. optimisez

optimisez Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi @John@OBSIDIAN-PC. Can I know when Audio Driver will be ready for P650RS-G model and possibly newer driver version update than 6.0.1.8036?

11. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    There is a new Realtek driver from the Windows Update catalog, version 6.0.1.8110 that seems to have fixed the audio volume issues I was experiencing when waking from sleep. I haven't tested it too much though since I primarily use an external USB sound device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phoenix likes this.