CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Boseph McGee

Boseph McGee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How does one get back to being able to see the main Fan Control window? I can only switch between presets via the task tray. I'm wary of losing settings, so I hesitate to reinstall.

2. Matt111

Matt111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, since a few days, no sound come out from my headphone jack on a P751ZM, I searched for it and I found people with the same problem and they solved it by installing Clevo "hotkey", isn't it related to the clevo control center we're not supposed to install ? could it be that the issue came from an update from your softwares (I have fan control and keyboard led on my laptop) ?

thank you

3. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    EXIT FAN CONTROL FIRST
    Go to your Documents, open a folder called "LaptopTools", then open "FanControl", that´s where all settings are store.
    In my case: C:\Users\JohnKeeL\Documents\LaptopTools\FanControl\fancontrol.ini
    Now edit that file and remove the lines that start with:
    mainWindowGeometry=
    mainWindowState=

Those two lines hold the value for windows position and state, remove them, save the file, reopen Fan Control.

In our Control Station software go to "Windows Tuning" tab and activate "Apply Headphone fix on start".... that should do it.

Boseph McGee and Matt111 like this.
  4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    For P960/P970 ED EF EN:

For those who are using this model without CCC and want to get rid of the two ACP drivers that are only installed by CCC i made a small script to install those:

https://johnkeelnas.com/files/CLEVO/OtherDrivers/P9x0EN_EF_ED_CC_Drivers.zip
    (Run the Install.bat inside)

It will install the driver identifiers without adding any CCC stuff.
    I still recommend using my Control Station software and select: Windows Tuning Tab > "Disable CCC Hotkey filters..."

I will add this to the Updater software as soon as possible.

joluke and B0B like this.
  5. xab0r

xab0r Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I recently installed Control Station and Keyboard LED as an alternative to Control Center which was causing a lot of BSOD's making me not able to work properly.
    Since I dont have CC anymore it asked me to install a dll to which i agreed, but it seems Keyboard LED isnt able to change colors or intensity. After restarting my laptop the keyboard was at about 50% intensity and had a red-orange colour while I used to have it on green. Your application does not seem to be able to change anything. Am I missing something obvious or should I give it extra permissions somehow? The keyboard controls using the FN key dont work either, but I didnt expect those to work since I never change it once its set.

Another thing i was wondering is if there is the possibility to show the 'Numpad ON/OFF' pop-up on the top left corner that CC used to display.

I guess I could get this feature again by installing contol center but that driver gave me so much problems that i prefer not using it and using your application as a standalone program, since it can pretty much do everything on its own if I'm correct.

If this info might help: I have a Clevo N850HP6

Thanks a lot in advance and thanks a lot for the already great program.
    Cheers, xab0r

6. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    D
    Did you install the Fan Control as well? You don't have to buy it if you don't want to, but just install it because it installs a service that the Keyboard LED app also uses (IIRC).

7. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Yeah just install Fan Control, you dont even need to use it or buy it.
    Install it and check if it´s able to at least pick up your CPU Temperature, if it is, just close and never open it again if you want.
    By installing Fan Control it will install a service that is required for Keyboard LED, from now on Keyboard LED will only apply colors using that service.
    This way it´s easier for me to maintain.

8. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Dratted Windows Update rolled back my driver to the previous version. When I ran the Updater after that, it proceeded to re-download the driver, despite it being in the drivers folder, downloaded a couple of days ago. Also, when it started downloading the driver again, the first thing it did was to delete the copy it had downloaded previously, so it was gone and could not be manually installed.

Then the driver installation failed with the same error as reported earlier. I clicked 'force enable all' and clicked the update button again to retry, and lo, it deleted the copy it had downloaded just a few minutes ago and proceeded to re-download it all over again.

Could you please fix this so the Updater only deletes the old driver after it has finished downloading the new driver, so if the user cancels the new download, the previously downloaded driver is still there in the drivers folder? This is the 3rd time Updater is downloading this particular driver - wasting both your bandwidth and mine.

9. optimisez

optimisez Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi @John@OBSIDIAN-PC, latest Fan Control 2.3.2 will make my P650RS-G laptop suddenly shut down again.

10. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    The only that changed was the keyboard led stuff.
    Are you using the auto dimmer from keyboard led ?

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk