CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ultra Male, Feb 13, 2017.

1. dragon57

dragon57 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nothing I do allows me to update my Soundblaster/Audio drivers. I have tried following the steps listed, but nothing works. When I try to uninstall the Creative drivers, I get an error saying "C:\Program" can't be found. This tells me a path in the registry, or somewhere is messed up. Is there a manual way to force uninstall the Soundblaster drivers?

I have also tried numerous times to update the Soundblaster drivers via the Updater app, but even though it says the version gets updated from 1.0.0 to 2.0.30, after a reboot, the version is back to 1.0.0.

Any advice?

2. v8n3t

v8n3t Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just did everything mentioned above and did not work. I actually went through the process several times, still not working. Volume is still maxed out all the time no matter what.

Also, I have to keep this machine up to date on a daily basis so thats never an issue.

3. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Uninstall everything related to SBX / Creative, reboot, install the SBX again using the SBX from the CLEVO website for you model.
    After you install it it should be fixed and you can now properly uninstall it.
    If the install / uninstall process keeps failing chances are your AV software is blocking parts of the process.
    After you get rid of it you can now use the Updater to install Audio and SBX following my previous instructions.

Can you tell me your laptop model, i just keep forgetting whatever each use user has :p

4. HawkInOz

HawkInOz Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    You shouldn't have to ask, or remember. Anyone posting in here who is looking for assistance should automatically include their system info in their signature... :rolleyes:

v8n3t and anytimer like this.
  5. v8n3t

Reputations:
    Of course and no worries. I have a P870TM1.

6. v8n3t

Reputations:
    I very much agree, this is why I just updated my signature with at least my model number. I will add full spec's later on or at some point.

anytimer and HawkInOz like this.
  7. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    As many of you know i been working on a DPC Optimizer for some time now.
    While the most critical part of it is not ready yet there´s a part of the software that is already working and i kinda enjoy it:

[​IMG]

Basically there are A LOT of software that allows you enable and disable hardware devices, heck Windows Device Manager allows you to do that since forever. BUT, what i always wanted was something that would allow me to quickly switch between a certain state and another. Yeah... i know, i could script that... but it´s not really the same...

So you might want a state where every hardware devices is disabled and you only leave enabled those that you REALLY REALLY need, we often do this for Music Production, but gamers might want to do this too because doing so usually reduces the Latency too.

With a quick switch that is available in the system tray icons or in the app itself you can toggle between your "Critical Mode" where you have previously defined what devices will be turned off and quickly toggle back to re-enable everything.

The fact that it´s an app also means that i can white-flag devices either because they cannot be disabled or because they are software devices and disabling them does nothing (A LOT OF DRIVERS are already white-flagged in this version, i´ll keep adding more as i test more systems with this).

This is the first tab for this software, which you can already use if you want:

http://johnkeelnas.com/files/BETAS/DPCFixer01.zip

Not sure the "Add to Startup is even working... probably not for now"

Incoming:
    - The current tab needs a bit of extra code that i just noticed, the ability to detect devices that CANNOT be turned off and flag them in yellow maybe without the checkbox on the right, i´ll do that soon...
    - The next tab will deal with optimizing interrupt priority and switching to MSI mode
    - Another tab will be a "Recommended for Uninstall" which will basically be detection and recommendation for uninstall of some drivers or apps that ruin the DPC values
    - And another tab should probably be a list of known Windows tweaks for DPC purposes.
    - Final tab will handle measurements, either internal or simple "how to"

Free or License? Up to you:
    Will this app always be free? Not sure.... it is for now because it was done 100% on my free time at home, so if i keep having time to work on this at home i will, otherwise i´ll have to do it at work and depending on the amount of hours this needs it will probably be license based.

So please consider donating to give me some extra motivation to do more free stuff at home.

I would also like to thank @joluke and Danis (not even sure what his nick is here), they made two donations that allowed me to buy a new decent mouse, which i know... seems like nothing special, but trust me, every time i use it i feel appreciated and it motivates me to do more stuff in my free time. Charging for licenses is a necessity for the company, getting donations is just a personal motivation for the free stuff.

optimisez, anytimer and joluke like this.
  8. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The first donation of many! My pleasure to help you keep motivated

9. -BaTaB-

-BaTaB- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Done, have fun john.

John@OBSIDIAN-PC and joluke like this.
  10. v8n3t

Reputations:
    I just wanted to ask, when and where does this "usability" actually come into play? Could you provide a valid use case in which the utilization of this toggling behavior is advantageous?