CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Phoenix, Feb 13, 2017.

1. GeoFrank91

GeoFrank91 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Can the keyboard lights be turned off without CCC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I don't know if this is more an issue with the W10 creator update, but the trackpad driver is broken. I never noticed it until now because I use an external mouse 99% of the time. The other day when using my machine on battery, the trackpad refused to work at all. I reinstalled the driver, which got it back, but when I put the computer to sleep and woke it, it stopped working. I thought I got around that by disabling "allow Windows to turn off this device to save power" in device manager, but then it stopped being responsive again.

I rolled back to a much older driver that was actually designed for Windows 8, and that seems to have sorted it. With that driver in place, I'm going to try and update it with the MSI one that maintains the older Synaptics control panel. I tried using that one out of the box, but it wouldn't install.

Unfortunately no.

3. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I would like to warn everyone that the lack of app updates on the app does have a good reason...
    I pretty much clean the all thing up :p
    The next update will be a HUGE milestone ;)

AndiiiHD, Rynaus and Papusan like this.
  4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Do you have CCC installed?
    Creators update is causing us A LOT of problems!!! We are being flooded with emails asking for support!

Papusan likes this.
  5. putino

putino Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    We're only waiting for it :)

John@OBSIDIAN-PC likes this.
  6. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    I do. It's the version provided through your app. Is the CCC at fault here? Wouldn't be surprised if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    It isn´t the CCC, usually when stuff does not work after a Windows wakeup it´s actually the LACK of CCC causing it, it happens with the headphones.
    But i´m guessing we will need to get more windows updates and more driver updates until all models fully work with the Creators update.
    This.is.a.mess.
    I dont recommend the update just yet!

saturnotaku likes this.
  8. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Exactly!! +rep

John@OBSIDIAN-PC likes this.
  9. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    Yeah, that was a big problem with my P770ZM. The headphone jack would die after waking the machine from sleep unless you had CCC installed.

I had a BSOD in ntoskrnl.exe yesterday for no apparent reason. I was doing a deep-level format of a hard drive that I'm preparing for sale, so I don't know if it triggered something there or what. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was also a result of the trackpad driver because even prior to the creator's update, I had a couple blue screens that were specifically attributable to that part.

In case anybody else is having problems with their trackpad on the current Windows build, here is where you can find a link to that older Windows 8 driver I referenced earlier. It includes the "classic" Synaptics control panel, which is light years better than the garbage they've integrated directly into Windows 10's settings.

10. GeoFrank91

GeoFrank91 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Alright so I figured a few things out for myself.

The audio driver failing to install problem that I've been having was fixed by turning off the driver signature requirement through windows. After turning that off I was able to install the audio driver no problem and it works great, the driver signature requirement turns itself back on after a few reboots.

I re-pasted my cpu with grizzly kryonaut and noticed about the same idle temps as before (around 38-45C) but temps under load haven't gone above 75C while running Aida64.

I also kept having a crashing/freezing thing that would happen while either restarting or shutting down (though it didn't always happen). I turned off Fast Start/Fast Boot (or whatever it's called) and so far I haven't had a problem.

John, did you want to try going through my throttlestop again?

steberg likes this.