CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Phoenix, Feb 13, 2017.

1. putino

putino Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    We're only waiting for it :)

John@OBSIDIAN-PC likes this.
  2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I do. It's the version provided through your app. Is the CCC at fault here? Wouldn't be surprised if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It isn´t the CCC, usually when stuff does not work after a Windows wakeup it´s actually the LACK of CCC causing it, it happens with the headphones.
    But i´m guessing we will need to get more windows updates and more driver updates until all models fully work with the Creators update.
    This.is.a.mess.
    I dont recommend the update just yet!

saturnotaku likes this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Exactly!! +rep

John@OBSIDIAN-PC likes this.
  5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, that was a big problem with my P770ZM. The headphone jack would die after waking the machine from sleep unless you had CCC installed.

I had a BSOD in ntoskrnl.exe yesterday for no apparent reason. I was doing a deep-level format of a hard drive that I'm preparing for sale, so I don't know if it triggered something there or what. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was also a result of the trackpad driver because even prior to the creator's update, I had a couple blue screens that were specifically attributable to that part.

In case anybody else is having problems with their trackpad on the current Windows build, here is where you can find a link to that older Windows 8 driver I referenced earlier. It includes the "classic" Synaptics control panel, which is light years better than the garbage they've integrated directly into Windows 10's settings.

6. GeoFrank91

GeoFrank91 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Alright so I figured a few things out for myself.

The audio driver failing to install problem that I've been having was fixed by turning off the driver signature requirement through windows. After turning that off I was able to install the audio driver no problem and it works great, the driver signature requirement turns itself back on after a few reboots.

I re-pasted my cpu with grizzly kryonaut and noticed about the same idle temps as before (around 38-45C) but temps under load haven't gone above 75C while running Aida64.

I also kept having a crashing/freezing thing that would happen while either restarting or shutting down (though it didn't always happen). I turned off Fast Start/Fast Boot (or whatever it's called) and so far I haven't had a problem.

John, did you want to try going through my throttlestop again?

steberg likes this.
  7. Rynaus

Rynaus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Look at the attached file for an example of how it looks like. This is how the Auto fans table look for the P870KM with dual GTX 1080. Fan states are defined in percentage, although the max rpm is not mentioned.

8. Rynaus

Reputations:
    Does the Fn+[x] keys work without the CCC ?

9. Rynaus

Reputations:
    The freezing on startup you mentioned could have been the NVidia display driver. With the latest driver and Windows 10 Creators Update, this is the only problem I have that sometimes on a cold boot, the screen stays black, but everything is still working except the display driver which crashed. Restart solves this problem or as you said disabling Fast Boot.

10. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    :bigyes:Yes sir.

Rynaus likes this.