CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. crusher88

crusher88 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hey john
    i can comfirm as i verified it twice that this windows update on creative drivers breaks up the app and doesn't let it work anymore ( the app won't detect the card anymore).
    https://gyazo.com/55fb8f164927f10fa92b77c805cbc122

easy fix, apart from reinstalling realtek drivers, i just reverted creative drivers from device manager with a click and it was working again

then i disabled windows update thing to update my drivers ( hoping it works)

2. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I can confirm that it does not break mine. Maybe you are missing some certificates.
    Disable Windows Defender and any other AV software it may be blocking a part of the install process.
    Install SBX and then install Audio Again.
    That should do it.

crusher88 likes this.
  3. crusher88

crusher88 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

i had done your suggested steps already to restore its functionality last time .. the problem is windows update. . when it installs that update it breaks on mine, i don't know what is that . If i install sbx from your updater there's no problem, the problem is with the 33 version that windows upgrades after a while

4. -BaTaB-

-BaTaB- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Actually that should be a different issue. They should be aware of my issue too but I don't think it has been fixed yet.

What happens to me is that I have blank tiles: tile background is ok but no icon appears untill I kill the explorer.exe process.

Example: I pinned MS Office application to tiles. These tiles are static because there is not animation, just colored tiles with the app icon in the middle. On boot/wake up, many times the icons disappear and you only see the colored tiles. If you kill and restart explorer.exe the icons in the middle of the tiles magically appear again.

I will post an image if it's not clear

5. Fromont

Fromont Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey John,

Thanks so much for sorting the KB LED's.
    Im having an issue with FC Third fan however. Going back to @jcadduono 's problem, mine is doing similar, except it is only doing in when 'Clone to CPU' is enabled.
    It mostly does it under load, and seems to be confused between Primary GPU fan values and CPU fan values. If I ramp up the Primary GPU slider whilst the CPU is idle, the second GPU fan engages, and If I switch it to default it stops doing it. ITs been that way for at least the last three versions. It kind of just huffs and puffs its way through stuff...

6. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Please test latest Control Station update ( 1.2.8 )
    Let me know if it fixed your issues.
    @TheChosen0ne - Please test the Audio Jack thing too

TheChosen0ne and anytimer like this.
  7. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    That means you have only one GPU correct?
    (I´m assuming that based on the fact you want to clone the CPU fan).

EDIT: Released 2.2.9 version which should have that sorted. Please Report Back!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Fromont likes this.
  8. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Sorry. No. (v1.2.8)
    If I turn off the option to enable power modes it still wakes with full brightness.
    If I enable power modes, I have to wait minimum 5 minutes for the display to turn off, but it still wakes with full brightness.

Please give me a list of settings in the Control Station so I can mirror the settings you have used for testing. Note also that my P957HR is that auto switching Optimus thing, currently running on Intel GPU. If you like, I can run something to force the switch to nVIDIA GPU and see if that helps.

9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    It wakes up with full brightness, ok, BUT, does the brightness keys work? Are you able to manually change the brightness when the display awakes?
    Because the brightness level on awake is NOT related with the "Brightness FIX", the only thing that the "Brightness FIX" does is enabling the brightness change keys / windows setting.

10. onecandy

onecandy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have buy a p775tm1 with 9900k and RTX2080, fantastic PC. I am setting up in pc in order to search for the maximum yield with the maximum stability, if someone can be interested in sharing the data concerning the CPU. I wanted to congratulate John because thanks to his tools I managed to achieve amazing results, then the fan app is phenomenal..I have a request concerning the center control widgets. can you create one with the consumption of the CPU and the GPU with the relative temperatures? It would be a truly valuable tool ..