CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. -BaTaB-

-BaTaB- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC

yo john, I was wondering:
    since you threw in your app many fixes for weird behaviors, is it possible to throw in a fix for the blank tiles (with no icons) in the start menu? I usally fix it by force restarting the explorer process and this issue causes no other problem but the blank tiles so it's nothing major. Yet it would nice to have a fix applying on boot/wake up.

2. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hummmm I'll check that tile thing.
    And I'll also add another automatic brightness fix.

For those who wanted the Android Remote Monitor for Fan Control:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.obsidianpc.obsidianmonitor

Have fun.

Since I have all sorts of code projects besides OBSIDIAN stuff I'll make a small website to keep everyone updated.

Sent from my MI Note 2 using Tapatalk

kfxsti, TheChosen0ne and ExMM like this.
  3. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Nevermind.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  4. ExMM

ExMM Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks sir!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

5. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC

I have updated system bios and the UUID changed and thus I have lost my newly bought license to Updater and Fancontrol.

How can this be fixed ?

6. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Mail me at code@obsidian-pc.com with your order number and new UUID.
    BIOS updates should not change the UUID... Bahhhh this is happening a lot to be honest!

Sent from my MI Note 2 using Tapatalk

TheChosen0ne likes this.
  7. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Sent :)

8. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Remote Monitor for Android

Creating this post so that i can have a direct link in my signature.

If you are running Fan Control not only you can monitor it in another PC (Using the Remote Monitor for Windows) but you can also monitor it using your Android Phone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is yet another free app.
    Fan Control already shows you the IP address to which you should connect to get the data.
    If you can´t connect chances are Windows Firewall is blocking it, just create a rule to allow C:\Program Files\FanControl\monitor\ClevoService.exe

As always you can request features for both the Monitor Apps, i´ll try to add them as soon as i get some time.

Link for Download:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.obsidianpc.obsidianmonitor

**NOTE***
    You need to create Windows Firewall rules (In and Out) for this Fan Control service:
    C:\Program Files\FanControl\monitor\ClevoService.exe
    ======================================================================

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    TheChosen0ne and MiSJAH like this.
  9. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC I have installed the app. It does not connect and the red connect button does not appear to do anything.

10. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    When you press the connect it takes a second to connect or so...
    Make sure the IP is correct.
    Make sure Windows Firewall is not blocking the ClevoService, open Windows firewall and create a rule with ALLOW (out/in) for this exe:
    C:\Program Files\FanControl\monitor\ClevoService.exe

Exiting the app and opening it again, or even changing the layout from Landscape to Portrait (rotate your phone) will force UI update so you can try it to refresh it faster :D

PS

First tab for my Latency Fixer is done:
    [​IMG]

For anyone who wants to keep updated about all my apps i made a new website NON OBSIDIAN-PC AFFILIATED!!!
    Which means nothing that i write here should be considered as a OBSIDIAN-PC opinion but instead it will always reflect my personal one.
    This website is not even hosted on OBSIDIAN-PC webserver, it´s hosted on my small server and there´s nothing for sale here, just development news, and a list of apps that i´m working on.
    https://johnkeelnas.com/

Also follow me on Instagram (link in that website).

And for anyone who sent messages asking if i could take donations for the free software, in that website there´s a "My Apps" link which will list all apps i have at the moment, on the bottom of that page there´s now a "donate" button. If you donate let me know to what purpose, tell me where do you want me to spend time.

I do get a lot of messages asking for special features, more fixes, support for more models, iOS stuff, and so on. Unfortunately at OBSIDIAN-PC i need to concentrate on the brand most critical software side, so i leave all the free stuff and special requests for when i´m at home. BUT please understand i´m limited to the hardware i have:

- I do not have a P870
    - I do not have a Per-Key RGB keyboard
    - I do not have an iphone or any iOS device

The list goes on.... i already have a hard time justifying doing free stuff at OBSIDIAN-PC (which is who pays me at the end of the month). And my free time is limited, so if you want me to push some sort of new software or feature just tell me which and donate, even if it´s 1€ it is CRUCIAL that you select what you want...

Here´s the current roadmap for free stuff:
    -Control Station will keep being free, and there´s a bunch of requests in the list
    -Keyboard LED, also a bunch of requests (specially P870 LID)
    -Will have another version of Control Station (for fans) which will work with any PC / Laptop, no matter the brand (will just remove specific CLEVO stuff)
    -DPC Latency fixer.... not sure about the future of it, it will depend of the coding hours i have to put on this, if anything i´ll keep at least a free version with the most important features working
    -Remote Monitors will keep being free - I want to add more options in the Android version to customize the UI and add Alerts!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019