CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ultra Male, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Boozebeard

Boozebeard Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I can't get the control station window to show. Not sure what happened, think it somehow got resized to 0. It shows up in my tool bar but cant see anything and the snap shot of it in the alt + tab and win + tab displays are blank.

2. -BaTaB-

-BaTaB- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This happened to me too.

I think this is due to some interaction with some multi-monitor configuration. At least it happenend to me when I was on single monitor after having used the control station on multi-monitor.

By the way, if you want to force it to open you can:
    - click the control station icon in the toolbar so that it should open
    - open task manager
    - expand controlstation application
    - right click on the expanded "control station"
    - click expand (or however it is called in english)

Now control station should be forced to open at full screen. This actually didn't fix (for me) the control station window since I could not resize it to normal dimensions but at least I could see it at full screen.

3. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The power modes tab in my control station is greyed out. Why is that and how can I enable it?

4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Seems there is currently a bug in multimonitor, to fix kill control station and then open:
    C:\Program Files\ControlStation\settings\controlstation.ini and delete the following entry:
    mainWindowGeometry=@ByteArray(......

Go to setting tab and check "Enable Power Modes"

5. CM_11

CM_11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for clarifying, knew I had missed something.

Fan beta seems to be running as expected on a Powerspec 1510. Auto, Maximum, and Silent all working as they should. No noticeable issues thus far.

6. Josh Schreuder

Josh Schreuder Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Indeed. I think I mentioned it a while back, but do not drag the window around of any of the apps (ControlStation, FanControl, etc.) with multi monitor.
    They fly around erratically and can end up outside the window bounds, and you have to clear the configuration as John said to be able to see them again.

7. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well Im an idiot. Saw that option and never thought "hmmmmm.... Maybe that turns it on?"

Thanks anyway :)

8. JaredJ

JaredJ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I've been off the forum for a bit. TS has been giving me a "CPU not supported" error message and won't load up for a while. I tried reloading the original .ini file I got when I purchased the obsidian tool but it didn't fix it.

9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Are you using the old OBSIDIAN-TOOLS or the new which is split in 4 apps:
    - Updater
    - Control Station
    - Fan Control
    - Keyboard LED

If you are using the old then you should update to the latest, you can use the online chat in our website and we will help you do the transition (even with remote control access if it´s better).

If you are indeed using the latest software and you have integrated TS with Control Station, then you need to check in the ThrottleStop thread to get the latest version and replace the .exe you have, we are not the developers of TS.

10. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Somewhere along the way, the Soundblaster stuff doesn't seem to be working for me. It looks like an upgrade from 1.x to 2.x occurred and the 2.x version isn't working correctly. I've tried forcing all to be enabled, and reinstalling the two sets of drivers, but it's still giving me trouble.

Is there a way to go back to 1.x? I couldn't find a download somewhere for the Soundblaster stuff. Without it, the audio sounds pretty muted..

TheChosen0ne likes this.