CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ultra Male, Feb 13, 2017.

1. v8n3t

v8n3t Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah I still have all the original package installed from the first msi installer which put everything into LaptopTools.

If I backup my fan profiles I should be able to import correct?

2. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yeap, or you can just backup the LaptopTools located in your user documents folder ;)

3. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    NEW FAN CONTROL BETA:

[​IMG]

*RAMPING TAB:
    Instead of the old ramping tab you can now have 3 different ramping values according to temperature
    (More ramping = faster fan RPM increase or decrease)
    (More ramping = more "ping-pong" effect, you will notice the fan RPM jumps)
    So i recommend using a lower ramping value for lower temperatures, so that RPM transitions are smooth. Use a faster ramping on higher temperatures so that the RPM can quickly catch up to temperature rises.

*FAN Amount Optimization
    By properly selecting the amount of fans that your system has we avoid unnecessary code routines

*Advanced tab was reported in the previous BETA, i´m still waiting for feedback :(
    Basically it includes new options to increase fan RPM according to:
    - Device LOAD (use this as an anticipation option, by starting to increase the fan on load you can think of it as a prediction that the temperature will also rise).
    - Unified Cooling - For unified coolers you can now sync fans to the hottest device RPM or manually tune it to transfer a percentage to the other fan(s)

Download: https://johnkeelnas.com/files/FanControl_2019_02_11.zip

How to test:
    Exit Fan Control
    Do CTRL+ALT+DEL > Go to "Services Tab" > Search for ClevoService > Right Click it and "Stop" it > Dont close this window yet
    Extract downloaded files and replace the ones you have at C:\Program Files\FanControl\
    Go back to the Services Tab in the Task Manager and start "ClevoService" again
    Open FanControl.exe

When this beta ends it will be official released along with up to 4K scaling.

TheChosen0ne, HawkInOz and optimisez like this.
  4. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    May be silly but does the license for the discontinued updater work on the new one? I bought the other software and just for funsies I entered my UUID/Order number in the new updater program and just got an error that it was wrong. I have no issues buying it twice though~

5. Josh Schreuder

Josh Schreuder Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think it does, I didn't have to buy it again, though I did have to go and get my UUID from the Obsidian portal

https://code.obsidian-pc.com/my-account/orders/

6. HitZ2976

HitZ2976 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a problem with audio driver from the updater app, laptop is bought from you guys. Audio driver is not detected, doesnt show even which version is the latest, and when you click install, app hangs and gotta force close it. Where I can get the driver you guys recommend to install?
    I tried j95's modded UAD drivers, they work, but i have problem with my pluggable 3.5mm jack mic, since its mono and his driver offers only option for stereo mics.
    https://i.imgur.com/f3aEtyL.png

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  7. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    The old license will work with Updater.
    Just copy you license file to the same dir as the updater, usually C:\Program Files\Updater

That is actually a BUG from the Updater... i will release an update ASAP!!!

HitZ2976 likes this.
  8. HawkInOz

HawkInOz Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I also noticed in Updater that if I choose to ignore an update by checking the Ignore box, the application still tells me that I have one update:

upload_2019-2-12_6-35-49.png

upload_2019-2-12_6-34-9.png

Seems a bit counter-intuitive. I would think it would only tell me how many updates I actually have to install (not ignored). Maybe it should state: "X Updates Available" for the total number that could potentially be installed, and "Y Updates Ready to Install" for the actual number that would be installed, subtracting out any Ignored updates. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    John@OBSIDIAN-PC likes this.
  9. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I tried that too and it just says invalid license when it works fine on the orig program. Maybe its because you had to change my UUID from the base order last year?

10. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Hummm you actually make sense, for a change... *joking* thanks! Will fix that in next update!

Can you please PM me with your license order number and your current UUID (copy and paste from the app screen). I´ll fix that for you!

EDIT: Not a single FAN CONTROL Beta report?!?!?
    Can someone test it please!!!!! *insert needy teen voice"
    or else...
    [​IMG]

Just read some posts back about the latest Beta and please give it a try guys!

HawkInOz likes this.