CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ultra Male, Feb 13, 2017.

1. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Control Station will show TS tab if TS is present in a Throttlestop subfolder.
    But indeed there is a error in the task creation... Will fix it soon.

Enviado do meu MI Note 2 através do Tapatalk

HawkInOz and joluke like this.
  2. neuroteck

neuroteck Newbie

Reputations:
    First, i LOVE your software! Its much better and stable then the CCC. Iam happy.
    But some problems i have with all obsidian software installed. Clevo P71ES 1070GTX and i7 8750

1. Can´t change brightness: FN and F8,F9 shows the slider, but brightness doesnt change. tried 3 older Intel VGA driver, no result
    2. FN and NUMPAD + - x / dont work for LED keyboard settings
    3. FN and F10 dont switch on the kamera
    4. No OSD when pushing FN& F1

My CPU Temp is after a short time of playing on 96°C... What you think? I have undervolted the cpu with Obsidian control Center. What else to do? Iam thinking of liquidmetal, but the laptop is new and i dont work with LM in the past.

3. CGrant

CGrant Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just got the Updater tool a couple days ago but for some reason the programs doesn't show up anything when I run the software. I tried a few attempts on getting it to show like checking multiple displays or trying to change the project settings on Windows but nothing is working. The program shows up on the taskbar with nothing on the preview but a few changes on the display would start to show up again but can't move it or find where it is located. The funny part is that the rest of the suite works and showing up perfectly fine. PLZ help!

4. NomadFX

NomadFX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I dont realy trust the internals cpu temp meassure thingy. its always higher than coretemp.
    i would love to have the option to use coretemp instead again. possible? no way my laptop is @92° most of the time.

5. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The 8th gen processors will do that - the turbo boost power grossly exceeds the capability of the package+cooling system to get rid of that much heat, so the CPU will tend to sit at the internally set throttling temperature. Scary, but there's 'progress' for you.

6. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    The brightness problem was fixed with the latest Windows Update / Intel VGA - For MS Hybrid Mode
    There was never a problem with the DISCRETE mode.

Some FN keys that require software drivers to work have been disabled, not sure if i´m adding them again, that used a keyboard filter that used to cause BSODs... since CLEVO never fixed that we are not using it.

We will add some OSD stuff but we will use the Windows API, that´s what it´s there for.

96ºC is just too much, i would rather limit the clocks / power to make it never go above 90/92ºC... When we assemble these units we tune them to never go above that.
    We use some advanced assembly techniques, but some stuff you can do on your own, like using high quality thermal compound (Thermal Grizzly / IC Diamond / etc).

7. joluke

joluke Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC i managed to fix the Throttlestop not starting with windows by simply fixing the task xml in the settings folder to the correct path!

I'll attach it here in case anyone needs ThrottleStop to initiate properly with ControlStation:

The fix is for people who have the ControlStation in the following folder ONLY:

C:\Program Files\ControlStation\

Just do the following:

Extract the file: ts_task.xml to your desktop and copy with CTRL + C and paste it in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\ControlStation\settings

Make sure you replace the existing file with the one attached here and there it is!

ThrottleStop now starts properly with windows :)

And if you disable it from starting with windows inside ControlStation, the file won't be deleted! Enjoy people :D

Simple fix eheh

Attached Files:

Josh Schreuder likes this.
  8. edryr

edryr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    solved

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  9. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Disabling the keyboard filter allowed all of the FN functions to work, mind you. The keyboard filter was 100% useless.

joluke likes this.
  10. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Everyone SHOULD disable the filter driver, there's even a option for that in the Control Station software under the Windows Tuning tab.
    It took me a while to code that, not only safe removing the driver but also check on app start in case it was installed again by some driver.

Enviado do meu MI Note 2 através do Tapatalk

joluke likes this.