CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ultra Male, Feb 13, 2017.

1. sebastiank

sebastiank Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think I've encountered a bug with the keyboard-led tool. Right now I'm using the complete control-station suite and uninstalled CCC.

After around 30 minutes of normal usage (bit of browsing etc.) the brightness control keys stop working (fn+f8/f9) and the laptop won't go to sleep when closing the lid or using the sleep button (fn+f12). Selecting sleep from the shutdown works fine and changing brightness setting from the windows control panel also works.

So far I found out that if I open the Keyboard-led app and change a setting (changing the keyboard brightness) everything works fine again.
    Let me know if you need any more info, or if I should check something.

update: When I set the 'auto turn off' option on everything seems ok. So the bug seems to happen when the 'auto turn off' option is off

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. cwiggy78

cwiggy78 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi

As always sage advice. Your solution fixed it thanks a lot.

Chris (UK)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    No problem. It harassed me too when I got it, the laptop would vibrate with an audible pop sometimes.

Sent from my OnePlus 1 using a coconut

cwiggy78 and Papusan like this.
  4. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Did the LED control tool lose the ability to respond to certain inputs (e.g. CPU load) in a recent update? I used to use the all-in-one, but moved to the separate installations based on guidance previously given in this thread. I wonder if that might be part of the problem and whether I'm missing a way to hook the different tools together.

5. -BaTaB-

-BaTaB- Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It lost that possibility because that was causing bad behavior due to a way too heavy query load. Don't remember if John said he would try to re-implement that feature when he gets the best communication system for fan control

6. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes we removed that feature since it caused DPC Latency, basically when you change the keyboard led it will use ACPI, by doing so it increases the DPC lag.
    Fan Control used to suffer from this so we started using another method which does not causes lag. Until we find a way of doing the same with keyboard led we can´t have features like that.

sicily428 likes this.
  7. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I wondered whether that might be doable if Keyboard LED could talk to FanControl, as a bonus for those licensed users. Run cool, look cool :)

8. -BaTaB-

-BaTaB- Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC

I was wondering why TS wasn't autostarting and I noticed that the standalone controlstation still creates a task that points to ThrottleStop subfolder in the old LaptopTools folder. Guess no-one is using TS or still has the task pointing to a custom location.

John@OBSIDIAN-PC likes this.
  9. Josh Schreuder

Josh Schreuder Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Pretty sure ControlStation removed the ThrottleStop stuff some versions ago. I no longer got the tab in the app after updating to standalone a while back. I just repointed the startup task to a different folder for ThrottleStop.

10. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    All my apps already are able to exchange data among them. All my apps can also get data or send data to the same service that fan control is using to talk to the EC.
    If you have the service running then it is currently the service that applies the LED colors, if you don't have it running it will be KeyboardLed after asking for admin access.
    Now the problem is not which apps does it but the method itself.
    The EC service I made can get temps and send fan values to the EC because there was already public code showing how to get there but there is no code for keyboard stuff so I would need to spend a lot of time to figure it out.
    In the meanwhile no matter what app changes the LEDs, the method is always the ****ty and laggy WMI/ACPI.

Enviado do meu MI Note 2 através do Tapatalk