CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. NomadFX

NomadFX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    my slider was at 98°. i had to reboot and after that the sec. setting kicked in @93°. then i put the slider to the lowest and back to max setting. now it seems to work again. seems like it looses the setting somehow after a reboot.

2. mambo1111

mambo1111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for the fast GPU fan fix! I set up a new OS and everything works fine. Its not even possible to use Clevos without your tool...
    Maybe this helps to find bugs: On my old windows system, Fan Control had no access to the CPU sensor when Keyboard LED was in autostart, i had to start Keyboard LED manually after the boot.

3. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Finally that was a useful information, that´s something i can check/debug/fix.
    So basically the FanControl Ui is not sending the Security Values to the ClevoService on Load!!!!
    Let me check if that is true or if i can reproduce it in a easy way and i´ll have that fixed in 0.8 secs!

4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Fan Control 2.1.6 released with a fix for you!
    Update, set your security sliders and then reboot, let me know if the values are correct after reboot ;)

Josh Schreuder likes this.
  5. joaomconde

joaomconde Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi again john, lately i have been having an issue.when i open 15+ tabs at one time in google chrome, my fans go form 0 to MAX then, after like 3 secs go slowly to 0 again. The fan control show temperatures starting at about 50º, then immediately after opening the 15 tabs rise to like 90º, then about 2 secs later fall back to 50º. It always goes back to about 50, independently of MAX fans kicking in or not (i tested it). This makes me think about 3 things:
    1 Are the temperatures being read well? (how can i check it?)
    1.1 If so is this normal behaviour (should i repaste my CPU or something???)?
    1.2 If so, could you add a delay to max fans kicking in, like you had in the previous app? Its kinda annoying being in my uni library and having the fans go from 0 to 100 back to 0 in like 5 secs.
    Again thanks for all
    (clevo p650 rp6-g, fan control app 2.1.6 but happening since new software released)

6. optimisez

optimisez Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Edit: I doesn't work again.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  7. Fromont

Fromont Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Isn’t that just chrome and a million tabs open? Happens to me every time on manual. Don’t think it does it on silent though...

8. TheChosen0ne

TheChosen0ne Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I suggest testing the same scenario in a browser such as Vivaldi or Brave (Better alternatives to that of Chrome and Firefox, respectively).

9. edit

edit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you very much for implementing this feature so quickly !

For me every version of the FanControl worked, on both of my P870 machines, I haven't noticed any real issues so far and the little things I noticed I mentioned here to John and he was quick in addressing them ! Kudos for that !

John, man, we really need to gather around that lid leds thing that bothers me... and only me it seems from the forum feedback... tired of hiding those leds with duct tape... first people were asking me about the lid leds... now they are asking me why I have duct tape on my lid :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    anytimer, HawkInOz and cwiggy78 like this.
  10. NomadFX

NomadFX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @john. Working so far, i will keep you updated in case something wierd happens again. glad i could help to find bugs and improvements :) Kudos.