CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Wibeja

Wibeja Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi John, I have been seeking after your unlocked bios for the Clevo N850HK1 for a long time. Currently my clevo has so little options in there, that it just frustates me. I would really love to get a copy of this BIOS, would this be possible?

2. mambo1111

mambo1111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi John, there is a bug in the current Fan Control app.
    I have the P870KM-G with one GTX 1070 and if the Max Fans Security mode kicks in the 2nd GPU fan wont stop spinning even after all temps are low, second GPU fan is set on Disable fan.
    Also when all CPU cores are suddenly on +85°C (Core 1 even 93°C), Fan Control only shows 70°C and will raise very slowly which is too slow for sudden CPU heavy tasks.

EDIT: the 2nd GPU fan is spinning moderately the whole time after a fresh boot where the CPU and first GPU fan is off. its not possible to remove the 2nd fan because this will lead to a (false security) crash after a few minutes of gaming.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    djsubtronic likes this.
  3. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    You are correct.
    I don´t have a P8 so i can´t test much.
    I just released version 2.1.4 for fancontrol!
    Please notice that for an SLI system you should select "Default" in the Second GPU fan overwrite.
    As for the temperature mismatch, do not go by the values that FC shows you, if the system load is high it may take time for the value to update, what is actually controlling it is the service in the background, which you can debug if you scroll some posts back in this thread.
    If the Fans are going up or down too slowly for you just increase the CPU / GPU fan ramping steps in the Behavior tab.

mambo1111 likes this.
  4. optimisez

optimisez Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I already use new latest fan control for few days but just now I removed all-in-one laptop tools and change to standalone version. Will tell you if have any new issue.

1) Btw do you plan to add Control Station CPU profile for i7-6700HQ (P650RS-G) any time soon? I really want to try & test CPU Tuning section.

2) Can u change it or add an option for me adjust the startup time of Keyboard LED and Fan Control? I really want my laptop to immediately off the keyboard light and enter Fan Control mode when I see the Windows login screen. I'm using high speed SSD so no point for me to delay the apps startup time.

3) After I changed all apps to standalone version, Control Station does not start automatically after booting to Windows desktop even I ticked Start app with Windows options.

4) The software I'm using still reporting too low TDR issue after I tick Set a long TDRdelay value for stability at Control Station. The software suggests to set both TdrDelay and TdrDdiDelay to about 60 seconds. For more infomation: https://support.allegorithmic.com/d...s-crash-with-long-computations-128745489.html

upload_2018-12-17_23-28-11.png

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    FTW_260 likes this.
  5. edit

edit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Dear @John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Short story:
    I would like to be able to stop your apps for checking if a new update is available each time I start my computer.
    I would like to be able to opt out of the "check for updates" and maybe opt in at a later date... in the meantime I can check for manual update if I really want to.

Long story:
    For me the version 2.0 of FanControl worked fine on both of my machines and I updated each time only because your app was bugging me each time I restart my computer.
    Yes, I know I can block the apps from checking the updates via the windows firewall, but it's not an elegant method.... it's an workaround I don't want to take, unless I have to, so please add the option to your apps.

Thank you !

P.S. I know that I sound like a broken record but I still want to be able to turn off the lid led on my machines... I am sorry to say but I'm kinda loosing hope...

FTW_260 and HawkInOz like this.
  6. NomadFX

NomadFX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    oh maaaaan, 2.1.4 and all broken again. maybe its the updater? can you pls add an option to turn of auto-update-message? pls!!!

i will rollback to 2.1.3 and from this point i dont wanna update ever again. never change a running system.

also annoying as hell:
    - your uninstall routine is "dirty". it leaves stuff in the registry
    - your installer doesnt say which version you are about to install
    - to uninstall you still have to manualy stop clevo service and delete many folders.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    FTW_260 likes this.
  7. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Sure i can add that option.
    What do you mean by "all broken" ? Fan Control does not even display temperatures?

8. -BaTaB-

-BaTaB- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I wonder which software or driver conflicts with fan control for some users since I've never had a single problem with any version/update, besides known minor bugs.

9. NomadFX

NomadFX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    all broken means every time i use the automatic update routine, the security settings broke. no counting, fans ramping up@ 91° no matter what i set the slider.
    i have to manually uninstall, clean the registry, kill clevo service and delete this stuff as well before i load your latest version and install it.

10. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    There nothing in the registry to clean.

Fan Control uses the files located in the install dir plus the setting files located in your user documents folder under "Laptop Tools".

The requirements for Fan Control are:

- ClevoService (included and is installed when you first run Fan Control)
    - C++ Runtimes x64 and x32 (included and installed either by the app installer or the first time you run Fan Control)
    - NTPort Library to get direct access to EC (also installed when you first install FC).

To make life a bit easier:
    - I just added the "Disable update notice on start"
    - Removed the ClevoService and NTPort from the app installer (these will be managed by fan control so that i have more control over them)
    - Just created a full uninstaller that will be inside the Fan Control folder

Uninstaller tasks:
    - Clear leftover cached updated
    - Kill Fan Control
    - Stop ClevoService
    - Delete ClevoService
    - Uninstall NTPort (files)
    - Uninstall NTPort (registry)
    - Remove Fan Control from Startup (if added by user)
    - Prompt user to delete setting files (stored in user documents)
    - Delete install files

This update will be ready in some hours.
    At the moment the only real stuff i could verify causing problems with fan control is AV software or Firewall software.
    Specific user problems can only be fixed by allowing me to debug in their units.

D2 Ultima and Papusan like this.