CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. jcadduono

jcadduono Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Maybe Scotch 66 electrical tape will look a bit better :p (good investment for GPU repasting too, great for masking the components around the GPU die)
    It's what I'm using for now until he finishes this feature. Don't forget about P870KM! lol

But the most important reason to add turning off the lights... I can see them breathing through the front of my screen! It's somewhat distracting during movies, lol.
    I'm thinking about just unplugging the LED strip, but I suppose I could also just pull the screen back and put the electrical tape behind it as well.

Update: Ok I'm actually doing that, in case sometime I do want the LEDs on but not visible through my screen. This is actually a pretty useful mod.

Update: You can simply unplug them individually, but it's REALLY hard to do, I thought I was going to break my nail trying to pull it out of the socket. There's no latch on it so... *shrug*
    See: https://puu.sh/C5IAx/a80dfdd2a7.jpg
    John: SEE how blinding these LEDs are!!! Even my camera near went blind looking at the LED strip!

If you surround the edges in tape to block off the green light internally, then be careful not to overlap the tape on the foam area where the screen rests on, you don't want to go too thick or you might see pressure artifacts when you put the screen back in place. You could probably use a box-cutter to lightly apply pressure on the the edge of the foam and cut a strip off to be replaced with electrical tape, but I just put a single strip of tape over it and it didn't seem to interfere with my screen.
    See: https://puu.sh/C5IGg/b942dbeb41.jpg

Aaaand it's still really ugly using it on the front panel haha. (ok I could have done better)
    See: https://puu.sh/C5IH8/ce193d9647.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    edit and Papusan like this.
  2. edit

edit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's exactly how my laptop looks like right now.... ugly..... hahaha.
    The unpleasant part is that once you take that tape off, the glue sticks to the case and it will take quite some effort to clean it off completely.
    Anyway, for the time being, it looks inconspicuous... like I want all my laptops to look like...
    That's one thing what I loved about the Clevos, don't look flashy.
    I don't want it to draw any kind of attention... I am all about the hardware not fancy looks.

jaybee83 likes this.
  3. vIkInG_w0w

vIkInG_w0w Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, I do not have CCC installed (also deleted Hotkey folder), never used HWinfo and have the "Remove and Prevent Hotkey Filters" checked.
    Unfortunately, I do not have a Fan Control license to change the Fan Update intervals so cannot confirm that. I do keep all your apps updated even though I may not use them and that starts ClevoService during Fan Control updates.

It's really weird. Are there different models for the PA71ES-G? I think it comes with 8750H/8850H/8950HK, GTX 1070, per-key RGB keyboard, 144Hz screen by default.

@NierALaptop how are things going on your end? Did setting the UV -110mV work out for you? Have you tried stopping ClevoService and test? Please let us know.

4. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi John, still having strange GPU fan issues.

Right now it's running at 53% speed when at 40 C, where it should be off:

upload_2018-11-22_9-32-28.png

upload_2018-11-22_9-32-47.png

5. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hummmmm bad idea.
    Im not sure about the long term effects of ClevoService without a proper licensed Fan Control.
    Because it will keep on trying to recover it / set fans to safety Automatic mode.
    That was why I made all apps independent.
    If your not using them all please go with the independent packages!

Uninstall everything, remove the service like this:
    Open admin cmd and type:
    sc stop ClevoService
    sc delete ClevoService

Delete folder C:\Program Files\LaptopTools

Now install the individual packages.

Sent from my MI Note 2 using Tapatalk

Papusan likes this.
  6. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    But is the GPU fan actually running at that speed?
    Or is it just showing that but not actually running?
    That's because the GPU went disabled, you have a switchable graphics model correct?
    I'll take a look but it sounds like a Optimus related thing. Should be easy to fix.

Sent from my MI Note 2 using Tapatalk

7. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The fan is actually running at that speed. This issue wasn't happening 2 versions ago, just noticed it since the last 1-2 days. Yep I have the P950HR with switchable graphics. Possibly related to the new 400+ Nvidia drivers as that's the only thing I changed.

Edit: also to add, I have DisplayPort monitor plugged in at the moment so the GPU has not been disabled at all since last boot. The fan suddenly went up to 53% and stayed there.

8. NomadFX

NomadFX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi @john. My GPU Fans have issues. If my Laptop triggers the Security Setting my GPU Fan keeps running @ 100% until i switched modes manualy. it also shows that it is running at 100% all the time even if its is not.

9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Holly Crap guys, i am ashamed to say that there was indeed a crazy strange bug in last update.
    I somehow changed some stuff for debug purpose and forgot to undo it... damn i can only think that i was too tired, really sorry for that.
    Please update to latest version and report back. At least two major bugs were fixed, so please test it now (specially on Hybrid systems).

EDIT:
    This really got to stop.
    This is way too amateur and not how one should release updates.
    I been treating end clients, paying clients for the matter, like beta testers... this is mostly due to having such a small team and due to my uncontrollable excitement to release new stuff.
    This is not how software development should be done.
    So, i´m going to do some planning about this.
    One thing is for sure, i don´t have enough people to make the beta internal so i will need some beta testers.

Starting now i will have two branches, the stable, where only critical bug fixes get pushed and the beta for next release.

If anyone wants to be a beta tester please PM me with the following information:

Name
    Email address
    Laptop Model
    Do you have additional CLEVO laptops? Which ones?
    Do you already have a license for Fan Control?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  10. NomadFX

NomadFX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No Worries mate, as i appreciate your idea about beta testing and stable versions, you are doing such a great job. bugs happen. keep it up.