CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ultra Male, Feb 13, 2017.

1. LogantheHamster

LogantheHamster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sure thing, it is not expensive in comparison, even though I did not pay anything for the Laptop. I used the money I got for it via my state funded study loan, which I do not have to pay back. :p
    I still am but just wondering why such a simply software is more expensive than an Updating software, which is way more complex to do when you take in consideration that you have to do the whole server stuff, too.
    And Clevo's Programms (and drivers) are horrible and more or less incompatible with the current Windows 10 build, well what to expect from a greedy Taiwanese company. ':D

So I still hope that this Laptop model the P770ZM and P770ZM-G will get support from the Updater, until then I am unfortunately forced to use the drivers provided by Clevo and update those. :/

Well unfortunately your store tells me, that the coupon limit has been reached. ;(
    But thanks anyway.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. Fromont

Fromont Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wee question, in Fan Control, manual mode, is 100% on the sliders the same as cpu max fans security in terms of speed of fan?

As I’m having an issue with fan control sensing max temp at around 73 deg when in fact hw monitor is telling me 90 I would prefer it if either fan controls temp sensors were fixed or the min temp for max fans security was lowered somewhat...if poss...wee thing.

3. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, if you install Obsidian control station and fan control, but not keyboard led control, the keyboard is always lit white, yes?

4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Fan Control allows you to use other CPU temp engines like core temp and open hardware monitor, have you tried them? In fact by doing so you get better performance.

Sent from my MI Note 2 using Tapatalk

Fromont likes this.
  5. Fromont

Fromont Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah open hardware monitor doesn’t seem to want to give me temps. Maybe because of my 8086? Maybe I’m doing it wrong. I will look at core temp. That way I’ll get more sliders to control the ramp up and yes better performance. All good. Will try that...

6. HawkInOz

HawkInOz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Now I kind of feel bad about wanting a basic update to KeyboardLED as much as I do. But please understand that when CCC is completely removed as recommended when using the full set of utilities that you offer, that the simple on/off control of the Top Case Logo LED is sacrificed. Mine has been lit ever since removing CCC two and a half months ago... At times, it is more than a little distracting. I can wait much longer for any 'cool' or 'fun' schemes or controls or whatever other wiz-bang stuff you want to eventually integrate into the KeyboardLED utility (take your time and get some rest!), if I could only turn off the LED's that I don't want on. That simple additional zone/feature alone would make me 100% happy with getting rid of CCC when I did, and with the suite of utilities that I paid for back then to replace the often dysfunctional Clevo offering. And I know several others have posted here as well wanting the same ability to turn off / control more than just the keyboard's LED's.

Thanks again for all your hard work, John! Each day it is with eager anticipation that I check this thread to see what is being worked on. Hopefully, this one small feature can be prioritized just a little bit higher, as your time allows of course. Much appreciated!

bennyg likes this.
  7. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Actually the LID / Front LED should be fixed really soon.
    I did not have stock of any unit with that but now i do.

bennyg and HawkInOz like this.
  8. Chewey182

Chewey182 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I've bought your updater and the fan monitor (which works very well!) I have a question, is the P671-rg supported under a different model name?

9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    When you bought the Updater which model did you select?
    The most similar model is P670RP.

I would also like to point out to everyone that if you laptop is at least 6th gen then the only driver that might be different is actually the Audio/Sbx drivers...

Sent from my MI Note 2 using Tapatalk

10. Chewey182

Chewey182 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi John,

I believe I selected P670RP due to it having the most similar nomenclature, so that would be fine, I've updated all of my drivers through the utility and not noticed an issue, probably because as you say all 6th gen laptops share most hardware, I'd also add that since installing the recommended sound drivers and sbx through the utility my audio volume and clarity has significantly improved through the onboard speakers, so cheers for that! :p