CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Feb 13, 2017.

1. wh1sp3r

wh1sp3r Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi! Bought fan control and updater. But i cant activate fan control. It says "Beta version currently disabled until next update". Verion is 1.2.6. I saw other people using this version without any problems.

2. aIex

aIex Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've noticed that disconnecting power plug closes all of the apps (CC, FC, KLED).

3. HawkInOz

HawkInOz Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    That one got me curious enough to give it a try. Thankfully, it doesn't happen to me. Any info on what system you are running them on, and whether any are registered?

4. TheChosen0ne

TheChosen0ne Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Did you try putting in your unique order number for fan control by any chance? The order # for the updater should be different from that of fan control even if you bought both at the same time under one purchase.

updater1-1.jpg updater2.jpg updater3.jpg updater_branding2.jpg
    Sure, going off of what John has uploaded on his website as a part of his web design marketing, by happenstance he has your same model. So, if he selected the right model at the time it would be - N850EP6 & N870EP6.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  5. Boseph McGee

Boseph McGee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm wondering if any of you can help me with this issue:

I've noticed that when CCC is not installed and I use FN ->F2 to turn off the display, it doesn't come on until a key on the keyboard is pressed. Not even when I remote into the system. I like this. Sadly, that function is borked when CCC is installed. The display turns on when the system is remoted into or even if the touchpad is swiped.

I've also come to realize that I need CCC if I want to adjust the display brightness while MSHybrid is enabled (otherwise it's always at full brightness). And since it's not looking like I'm going to get any functioning keyboard LED customization outside of CCC, that's yet another reason to keep it around.

My question is: are any of you aware of any way to have the display not activate when I remote into the system using the FN->F2 deactivation method prior, even when CCC is installed?

I would be so happy if I could have it that way while still enjoying full functionality.

Thanks!

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can try disabling the display entirely. This kind of feature is generally set so people can't black out their display and not get it back on without an external monitor.

7. LogantheHamster

LogantheHamster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey,

I just stumbled across this threat and this software which I could rly need. Well I bought 3y ago a XMG u705 also known as Clevo P770ZM-G / Sager NP9773 as your software tells me (Schenker says it is a P771ZM). However I just want to know if your software or rather the updater and fan controll support supports this model, because obviously I do not want to waste my money. ;)

Cheers a friendly Hamster called Logan

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  8. wh1sp3r

wh1sp3r Newbie

Reputations:

9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I´m working on the brightness thing as we speak and also the MSHybrid/DISCRETE switch.
    There is Keyboard LED customization, it´s included in the same package, we call it KeyboardLED, is it not working for you?

Sorry the P770ZM-G is not supported by the updater software.
    Control Station / KeyboardLED and Fan Control should be compatible.

10. LogantheHamster

LogantheHamster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for your answer, is their any chance that it will be supported in the (near) future?

Oh and btw why is the fan controlling tool so expensive, I mean I do not understand why it costs 40€?