CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Spartan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. v8n3t

v8n3t Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Which is the link?

There are 3, the Updater "I already have this and want to replace it with the All in one".

Then there is a Fan Control link

Then there is a Control Station link

Then there is a Keyboard LED link.

Can you be more explicit please?

2. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    All of them link to the same installer now :)
    We now use a single installer to rule them all... As soon as you use it your soul is mine!

Sent from my MI Note 2 using Tapatalk

3. v8n3t

Reputations:
    Got it and thanks!

But there can only be one Highlander....

4. v8n3t

Reputations:
    I just wanted to let you know I purchased the product and messing around with it a bit.

First thing I tested was ensuring it all started with windows, and sadly after enabling the options in the GUI it does not.

Once in windows I waited and nothing showed in the system tray. It was not until I actually "launched the software" ControlStation.exe that everything then showed up in the system tray.

EDIT:

Also wanted to add it appears to be a very good application so far, so good work :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Boseph McGee likes this.
  5. v8n3t

Reputations:
    I actually have been testing it out now that I am home and loaded up a game "Monster Hunter" and have been watching the temps and messing with the fan values and its actually controlling it correctly.

I am very happy to have a custom fan controller that actually works and is easily adjustable.

Great job :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    John@OBSIDIAN-PC likes this.
  6. opayaa

opayaa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,

I get this error when i try to update Intel graphics. If i restart Updater it shows again current installed version .4836, but always get the error when I try update.
    edit: error says This system does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  7. v8n3t

Reputations:
    John,

Might I suggest adding tool tips to the system tray icons on mouse over or on click?

For new users and for general intuitiveness it just makes sense to have tooltips for these different icons.

8. edit

edit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Dear John,

About the KeyboardLED...

Short story:
    I found another...umm... how shall I call it, it's not really a bug but the behavior is not what you normally expect in my opinion.

Long Story :
    I have my keyboard set to turn the led off in 10 minutes and it does that... after another 10 minutes computer goes to sleep because I am away... when I get back I click my mouse, the computer wakes up, the keyboards leds play the flashing game for a second but after that they keyboard backlit is off and this is the point where you normally expect to be ON. If I touch a key leds are alive again. I do get it that they revert to the state that they were before the computer went to sleep (in my case were off) but I think this has to be corrected. What do you think?

Thank you once again !

9. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's normal behavior. Mouse waking system does not reset the kb led sleep timer. It's a separate entity.

10. edit

edit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I understand that BUT it's not what you usually expect that's what I was saying... you expect the keyboard to have the lights on as you wake up the computer from sleep either using a mouse click or a key... as least this is what I got used with my old Dell M6700...

I write my opinions here just to help the software development... I am sure the John and his team will take only the good ideas :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018