CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ultra Male, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Support.4@XOTIC PC

Support.4@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    WOW! Nice. Does it strictly only control fan speeds or can you also set a temperature limit (primarily regarding the GPU)?

2. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Do you mean something like those dials?
    It´s fail safe security, there i will use some safe values like no matter what you choose on the manual table if it hits 90ºC on CPU or GPU it goes into max (like FN+1), then goes back to whatever you had before.

[​IMG]

Btw, i already used the "Silent Profile" all day, love it :D

Some cool stuff:

Each Automatic Fan Profile (Silent, Regular, Extreme) is hand crafted with 120 steps!!!
    You will still be able to toggle between our designed auto profiles or use the EC profile.
    CPU Temp and Load (Top Right) are fetched using Open Hardware Monitor wmi, which i probably trust more then anything coming from CC.
    For Security there will be minimal thresholds which you cant go lower, for example, a 7700K reaching 98ºC will always trigger max fan (same as F1).
    The fan adjust range REALLY goes from 0 to 100% fan rotation.
    More details as we keep adding :D

signori, AndiiiHD, ekkolp and 3 others like this.
  3. Mkbvb08

Mkbvb08 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is this going to be a separate product or will it be included for those that have purchased an Obsidian tools license ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Not sure, no commercial decision was taken... There is still too much work to do.

5. Mkbvb08

Mkbvb08 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Cool, I’ll keep an eye out .. keep up the great work and thanks for doing what you do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    I´m really sorry for that, the "Update All" option is probably the one which is lacking the most.
    I will try to push some work on it, in the meanwhile i really do not recommend using it.

anytimer and FTW_260 like this.
  7. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think moving the folder from drive to drive disturbs the validity of the locally stored drivers and the app downloads them again. Probably an NTFS thing. The drivers themselves are fine - I installed some of them from the drivers folder and they installed just fine. I should just leave the tool in my D drive and run it from there itself the next time I clean-install Windows.

If you don't mind my suggestion, I'd like you to replace the large spinning starburst that is displayed while the app is doing anything with a small one displayed alongside the UPDATE/INSTALL button corresponding to the the driver currently being installed. That will give us some feedback as to what the app is doing. You could refresh the 'installed driver' field after each driver is installed to show the updated status.

A title bar, or something that you can grab to drag the app window and reposition it as desired, would be nice, too. E.g. I like keeping Task Manager beside it to monitor downloading speed.

The status of the installed fingerprint driver is not showing; it says 'none detected' even after installing and rebooting. I'm guessing it's a security/permissions issue, but running as admin doesn't help. Not a big deal, just a bit confusing. You could try different methods of getting the driver info to see which works best.

Again, thanks for the app. If you want someone to beta test stuff, I'm your man.

8. ArchCel

ArchCel Newbie

Reputations:
    That looks fantastic. Anything that allows me to have any meaningfull say in the RPM's of my fans is very welcome. Especially if later it becomes possible to pull in other temperatures, and use these to decide the fan speeds aswell.

anytimer likes this.
  9. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is there any way to see the fan RPMs?

10. aIex

aIex Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    HWinfo. When you open Sensors it'll ask you if you want to read EC readings for clevo notebooks. Ah, you've meant in John's app. If it's possible in HWinfo, then it should be possible here too.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    anytimer likes this.