CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Phoenix, Feb 13, 2017.

1. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    So basically you mean running the Control Center software in "server OS"? What OS would that be?

2. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    server 2012, which is windows 8.

when i run it, it just crash.

3. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey John, will my license work in a new clevo thats compatible since my current laptop died and is being replaced or do I need to message obsidian support to get it re-bound / buy new license? I was also wondering if support for the P775TM1 is planned

4. TLMichaelScarn

TLMichaelScarn Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but it is grayed out for me and I can't click it. Also I purchased a license online in case this was the cause but I haven't received it in my email yet. Does it take a few days?

5. Xavvy

Xavvy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have a P650SE/NP8651.

I didn't see this in your list of compatible Clevo computers so I was wondering if you guys support this model? I need a tool like this SO badly because I currently use Windows 10 and my old drivers no longer install properly - I will add that the driver's I've installed have given me nothing but trouble (wifi issues, bluetooth issues ESPECIALLY) so a tool that can handle all of that automatically would be an instant buy and a godsend for me! Please let me know!

6. tijgert

tijgert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for the help and apologies for my delayed response.
    I unpacked the license file and that didn't work, only then I tried to just put the zip file in the folder and that worked.
    Feel silly for not trying it before...

Also, my DM3 is on the fritz, memory slot issues, and I have an option from my reseller to upgrade to a TM1 instead of a straight swap for another DM3.
    If I get a paid license and use it on my DM3 now, will I be able to use it on my TM1 replacement later or will it be locked to that one specific DM3 model?
    i.e. is it serial number/hardware ID locked or model locked?

7. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Yes, it´s very common for people to get a new unit or get a new replacement on warranty.
    If that ever happens to you just mail us with the new UUID and we will update your license in the server.

8. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    When you purchase your license you first get an email.
    Then you reply to that email as instructed.
    Then you get your license.
    Sometimes it can take a while to take care of everything. Sorry about any delay.

9. optimisez

optimisez Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi @John@OBSIDIAN-PC, recently when I cold boot my Clevo P650RS-G to desktop. It will have loud fan noise when I open a software and after a while the loud noise will stop. I suspect the problem is cause by latest Intel ME 11.7.0.1057. Do you plan to update new Intel ME version soon?

10. unrealmitch

unrealmitch Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi! I have the same problem since 1 month ago. I tried to reinstall windows and drivers but I still have the same error.

Did u fix it?