CLEVO Drivers Update Utility by OBSIDIAN-PC

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Phoenix, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, and DVDs are cheaper than USB flash drives (assuming cost has anything to do with it, too).

2. capjack

capjack Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I downloaded the latest version from your signature. In Windows 10 it would get to the point where it would say you need a license, in Windows 7 it just spun and never fully launched. I'm located in the US on a completely unfiltered internet circuit. I never installed my VPN on that machine to test if it would work from Canada or Europe.

Unfortunately I had to deliver the machine to my client, so won't be able to mess with it any more. After getting some feeling for the keyboard and watching the screen flicker lines across it periodically and temperatures climb to 88° in about 15 seconds running Throttlestop, I'm not so sure I want to get my own 875 or even 775 any more.

3. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    That´s why you should always get a unit from a dealer / shop that ships the laptops ready for 100% usage with proper cooling assembly/mods and everything configured with backups and installers ready on a USB pen.
    We value the "make out clients life easy" thing...

FTW_260 likes this.
  4. capjack

capjack Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Actually, I did. Somewhere along the line after I'd checked the box for the USB drive, it got unchecked in their updated quote and I didn't get it. I still wanted to run the tool and also run it on a desktop that it should have been able to find a few chipset and generic drivers on. They also don't support Windows 7, or provide any drivers for download so I could even try to get them to work in Win7.
    In the end I got Win 7 on one drive working with their Win 10 on another, but am very disappointed that Clevo doesn't support UEFI-CSM so I can dual boot instead of having to switch back and forth from legacy to UEFI mode in the BIOS. This is the only time I haven't been able to get Win7 running in UEFI, even on Dell's with almost as limited of a BIOS.

Also, unfortunately, Obsidian isn't in the states, so that limited my Prema partner and dealer delid options too.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  5. optimisez

optimisez Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi @John@OBSIDIAN-PC. There is one thing I not sure until now is if I install latest Realtek Audio driver (current latest version is 6.0.1.8328), will ESS™ SABRE HiFi DAC for high resolution headphone audio still working properly on Clevo P650RS-G? My assumption is it is independent from Realtek Audio driver as it's hardware based audio decoding module.

6. tijgert

tijgert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi John, I thought I'd see what versions your tool would give and found the NBR license doesn't work anymore. Is that right?

7. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
  8. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    can someone help me get fan control working on server OS LOL

9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    There is no fan control available.
    It would probably have to be something made by CLEVO or at least they would have to release the details on how to communicate with the BIOS like they do in the Control Center utility.

10. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    i thought the quiet, performance profile is considered as fan control. thats the one im talking about, not actualy adjusting fan rpm.