Clevo + Coffee Lake: Status?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by thegh0sts, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    I did a bench with 7700K@4.3GHz as stock 8700K. For joo bruh:D Aka tested with all time high BGA clocks.
    upload_2017-10-13_2-48-21.png

This is from my older 6700K@4.3GHz
    [​IMG]

As joo can see... There ain't big difference. Then do your math with 50% more cores and with same IPC. I wonder what the numbers will be?:rolleyes: Dan'g I can't do math. Too old:eek: You're welcome!!

Edit. Very strange. Almost on par with @Talon's 8700K@4.3GHz. How is this possible?:rolleyes: I will try... 957+50% more cores = 1435.5cb. Is this correct math?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Stress Tech and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    CFL is a refresh, so of course its same architecture. we should only focus on the changes and differences to see where the real benefits are. doing a review to show IPC increase imo is kinda silly but i guess many do wanna see it, me included :)

hmscott likes this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Strange. Almost same score for 4.3GHz. How is this possible?:rolleyes:
    upload_2017-10-13_3-15-3.png
    Same score with a few things up.
    upload_2017-10-13_3-21-35.png

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Stress Tech, j95 and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    all that matter is if that 870TM1 cpu heatsink comes with 2 fans and if I can get my hand on a 6ghz 5.2ghz which i probably could from caske for wallet rape at $1000 CAD... totally worth if for 2 fans cpu heatsink.

if its 2 fans then run cpu at 5ghz at say 1.3v will still yield to a decent temp without having to do max fan all day.

5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can. The 4.4 beta is able to do so without any issues. The percentage is only the usage, which is kinda useless to know if you don't know the clock speeds. Like on Mr.fox video you can see how his CPU throttles down to 4.2ghz, if the same is happening to you because you undervolted to much, then the temps are less impressive, but still good.

6. Stress Tech

Stress Tech Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's okay, the 7700k cpu base clock is 4.2Ghz.
    If the cpu throttles past 4Ghz (goes below) then you would have noticed. The game would have stuttered or freeze slightly.

I think this only happens when gaming on BGA...

You can clearly see my 1080 SLI GPUS on 1911Mhz and only hitting 49c max. Now that's impressive.

I checked last night by the way, with my cpu speed, it never goes below 4.2GHz when gaming ;)

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  7. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not even in the slightest. Even if you clock your CPU to 3ghz it would run fluid.

Nobody is questioning your temps, regardless of the performance of the CPU they are still very good, even tho at a stable 4.5ghz it would be more impressive, comparded to mr.fox furnace of a notebook. That throttles down to 4.2ghz half of the time while maintaining 85-90c temps. You defnitely did something right thats for sure, the GPU temps are also really good even tho u get some SLI sync problems, probably caused by the poor SLI support of pascal cards in general. Games like Metro and witcher would probably make ur notebook hotter, even tho I don't think u'll get past mid 60s.

hmscott likes this.
  8. Lynx2017

Lynx2017 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm in no rush, waiting for Ice Lake personally, 5ghz 8 cores 16threads and hopefully a nice little 10% bump in IPC. that will be my baby for a solid 5-6 years, so don't want to jump the gun just yet.

Stress Tech and hmscott like this.
  9. Stress Tech

Stress Tech Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Same here, hopefully with volta too. I'm sick of intel's chase game...

dspboys and hmscott like this.
  10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Why isn't Intel getting more flak for this stunt?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/75ib6t/why_isnt_intel_getting_more_flak_for_this_stunt/

"Why isn't Intel getting more flak for this BS paper launch stunt? Have they Officially responded to the lack of product that was shipped to retailers?
    Why would you do the release when you had no product available? Really f'ing a lot of people over here who rushed out and bought hardware and are now just sitting on it."

For those of you looking out for 8700k siliconlottery is expecting stock by Oct. 27, if it helps any.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/7620cz/for_those_of_you_looking_out_for_8700k/

"ImTheNigerianPrince 2 points 7 hours ago
    It was Oct 20 a few days ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it back again."

Stress Tech likes this.