Clevo + Coffee Lake: Status?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by thegh0sts, Aug 12, 2017.

1. woodzstack

woodzstack Company Representative

Reputations:
    no NDA was broken, no my fault of my own, I always ask what I can share when it's "news". I've had this info for quite awhile too, like it's been a month.

2. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you are not a party to the Non Disclosure Agreement, then you didn't violate it. However by disclosing to you without notice that the information was under Non Disclosure, whoever disclosed to you is definitely in violation. They are actually in violation when disclosed to anyone who is not party to the Agreement.

You apparently quoted an email...correct? If so, was it specifically addressed to you only, or was it an email blast?

bloodhawk and Vasudev like this.
  3. woodzstack

Reputations:
    for the record I literally ask if I can share this stuff always, but yes it was an email, but before any negative drama comes out of it, I'm just going to ask a mod to remove someone who quoted me and let that be the last of there being any sign of it.

I had no idea there was an NDA about, honestly. I get this type of info almost weekly or monthly, I don't normally share much of it, because it's not very interesting. I only shared this one, because the dates changed. Like it was an update.

4. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    Thanks! much appreciate!

5. 4004

4004 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well, one could argue it's inevitable in tech nowadays - there is always something new around the corner that you could wait for.
    Of course, it's worse if you happen to get a top-of-the-line machine just becomes no longer top of the line.
    Late November is still a wait, and 2018 even more so.
    Plus, some here (myself included) aren't expecting much of an improvement for now (Intel being Intel)

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  6. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    It didn't make me uncomfortable, I pointed it out like I said because it could get you and the reseller into trouble. I edited my post as you edited your's, so no hard feelings and things can settle down again ;-)

I would just recommend that, if there is a lack of specific information from a reseller regarding launch dates or NDA dates, especially when we're talking about new hardware which has not been launched yet, the general rule of thumb is wait until the launch day and press release comes from the component manufacturer.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  7. woodzstack

Reputations:
    Oh hey no worries, I honestly didn't know of any NDA. I didn't follow much of this thread either, so in my mind retrospectively I was just updating people, because they inadvertently keep asking me everyday or calling me and asking for news etc.

8. dancsank

dancsank Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Too much jargon here. Can someone put in layman's terms what this means for the ge73vr and the pa70hs? Will they be available with the 8700k in october? Should I continue to wait? I've been waiting since February to buy a laptop while I use my mom's old imac. I'm not sure I can hold out much longer...

9. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    HK and HQ are soldered cpus. So they are not LGA and they should be available for the start of 2018

Vasudev likes this.
  10. dancsank

dancsank Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Okay so the soonest those models will have a cpu update is next year? I can't wait that long so I'm going to buy the ge73vr now.