Clevo + Coffee Lake: Status?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by thegh0sts, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Here you go—i7-6820HK running at 4 GHz all cores, 53 W power draw, around 1-5% slower than 6700K :)

ghegde, Wormwood and hmscott like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I thought we talked about 50c in Cinebench with unlocked oc'd BGA in P650HS
    FYI. This is stock clocked 7820Hk@3.5GHz (P650HS) with 100mv undervolt.
    [​IMG]

Btw. This below is with my stock 6700K in Cinebench 11.5 and R15. Please compare the numbers with equal clocked 4GHz BGA filth as in your link. FYI Both run @4.0GHz
    upload_2017-8-26_3-30-52.png
    [​IMG]

upload_2017-8-26_3-41-2.png
    [​IMG]

Edit. You can as well compare the stock 6820Hk Cinebench scores with an soon 5 years old medium powered i7-4810mq.

http://hwbot.org/submission/3607526_papusan_cinebench___r11.5_core_i7_4810mq_8_points

http://hwbot.org/submission/3607534_papusan_cinebench___r15_core_i7_4810mq_735_cb

It's sad, I know!!:cool:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Well, let us have a closer look...

Best example of 6820HK BGA toy turd chip:
    http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i7_6820hk/

Best example of 6700K real processor:
    http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i7_6700k/

Best example of 7820HK BGA toy turd chip:
    http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i7_7820hk/

Best example of 7700K real processor:
    http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i7_7700k/

...consistently inferior, not less expensive, runs hotter with lower power draw, one chance in the silicon lottery, disposable with motherboard.

Yeah, the crippled BGA K filth is the way to go. NOT

Ashtrix, Scerate, Stress Tech and 5 others like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Yeah, Intel and the OEMs know how to fool yoo:no: More for less!!:hi:
    upload_2017-8-26_4-40-5.png

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    How else can they build an army of money-dumping notebook eunuchs? Deception is simply one of the many services they provide.

Scerate, Stress Tech and Papusan like this.
  6. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Geez... almost $600 for a flaky 7920HQ. Scumbags.

Mr. Fox, Scerate, Stress Tech and 4 others like this.
  7. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Your idle temps are 27 °C. My ambient temps are 32 °C. I believe the ambient temps with HTWingNut's review were significantly higher as well. You have a history of cherry-picking benchmarks to suit your agenda, @Papusan...

50 °C load temps aren't even achieved on most desktop benchmarks around the Web. You are blessed with a icy freezing Nordic climate, whereas if I get some rain and a breeze of 25 °C cool air it feels good. We should be talking about ∆T, difference in temperature, not absolutes.

Your HWBot links give no information about power draw and temperatures. These HK CPUs draw exactly the same power as their desktop counterparts, and are binned to draw less at lower clock rates. Notebook CPU philosophy is 'race-to-idle', not 'run at 100% all day every day'. They also run hotter because they are in a tighter thermal environment. Throw on a CM Hyper 212 EVO, and I'll bet you that the 6820HK and 7820HK will outdo the 6700K in your P870DM.

And this is—no other way of putting it—downright insulting. You are judging an entire population of several hundred million people based on their purchases and purchasing power? See, I agree that disposable electronics are a terrible thing, it reduces repairability and modularity and upgradability. It screws with our environment, and fosters a throw-away that will do us all no good.

But insulting your target audience isn't exactly the best way to go about convincing them that BGA sucks, or whatever. Like I said, find me a notebook today that has both an MXM slot and has a replaceable CPU within $800-1000. No, not possible? You are part of the reason why. In your own words, you claim that $500 notebooks need not have such capability, since they're so cheap anyway. I think that all electronics should be repairable, no matter big, small, thin, fat, heavy or light.

And that is Intel's history of ripping off consumers. We only have two players in the x86 market: Intel and AMD. Ryzen has proven to be extremely popular. Its HEDT and server offshoots, Threadripper and Epyc offer simultaneously better performance, better value and better efficiency than the Intel counterparts.

I wish AMD rolled out its full-fledged R7 1700 to notebooks. 900 CB at 3 GHz and 30 W power draw... :eek:

And I also yearn for the day when ARMv8 is competitive with x86_64. Apple has already made massive strides with its Ax SoC, with single-threaded benches demolishing Qualcomm, and exceeding Haswell single-thread scores.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    ghegde and Wormwood like this.
  8. Wormwood

Wormwood Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You cannot accurately compare the performance of a mobile CPU and a desktop CPU without first eliminating all benchmarks that were created on unequal platforms (unless you're going to rig laptops with Liquid Helium). To do otherwise would be an example of false equivalence.

Ionising_Radiation and Vasudev like this.
  9. ghegde

ghegde Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I still dont know why notebook manufacturers or AMD for that matter pushed an 1700 alternative in hi end prosumer notebooks.

Raven ridge is not going to be a silver bullet. Intel probably sunk that boat with their quad ulvs.

Ionising_Radiation likes this.
  10. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    i7-6700k or i7-7700k need to be delidded. no throttling after that :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.