Clevo Co. Market NEWS and Performance discussions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Dr. AMK, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Doesn't surprise me all that much. Most kids usually prefer to eat the rubbish from McDonald's rather than going out for a nice juicy steak. It's a cheap and quick way to not feel hungry, but not healthy or nutritious.

2. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    I was trying to get the 2017 percentage, the %6 LGA is only for March 2018, I think we can use it as an indicator, but maybe it's not reflecting the real percentage for 2017 and the 1st 2018 quarter in total.
    I'll try to get more information.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Would be nice to know that if they will provide it. Thanks for asking about it.

4. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    I sent the link to this thread to some of Clevo staff, hope that they can contribute by themselves.

Donald@HIDevolution and Papusan like this.
  5. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    to be clear that 1 lga laptop for 6 bga laptops was referred to a comparison P7xx vs P6xx. that 6% is referred to the total amount of Clevo's BGAs laptops so not only P6xx

Dr. AMK likes this.
  6. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    6% would be 6 out of 100, or 1 out of 16.67...but still.

Then you have to consider that this is only for Clevo, the only manufacturer that uses LGA in laptops, so the number that would represent LGA vs. BGA in the entire market is well under 1%.

Dr. AMK and sicily428 like this.
  7. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    We forgot the MSI High Performance Systems 16L-G-1080 15.6" Custom Built Gaming Laptop :).

LGA Products needs more efforts to make the consumers know that it is exist, and will serve well many of them. If we make a survey asking peoples "Do you know what is LGA CPU? or DTR systems?" we can see the results that most of them doesn't know about it. With all my respect, the individuals efforts to convince the whole world is not enough.

8. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    Yes, this is in total for all Clevo's models, but like what Mr. Donald said, it will be smaller if you compare it to the total market share from all brands. And this is normal, because other brands doesn't have LGA in the first place.
    I'll try to dig about, why all brands not building LGA and DTR's, there are some hidden reasons behind this for sure other than $$$.

9. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    There's no lotion or potion that will make sales faster and easier for you - unless your potion is hard work. :)
    -Jeffrey Gitomer-

Papusan and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  10. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    You have to take into account similar factors to the argument I made in the Ryzen CPU thread. Every ODM has support from Processor and GPU manufacturers, they need this to have access to new products early, to help with integration and for factors such as Optimus in the past and G-Sync for example there are specific processes to go through before a product can be certified as complaint with certain features. If the LGA laptop market potential was big enough, more companies would offer these products - so there is of course a large financial decision right in front of them. This has to be weighed up with additional factors such as the resources required to R&D and manufacture such systems, changing/new production lines, different purchasing systems for differing products etc etc etc.