Clevo Co. Market NEWS and Performance discussions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Dr. AMK, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    The successor to Ryzen R7 1700X (95W) comes as 105W chips that I can see. Something similar will also be for Intel's next chips with 8 cores. The big question is whether Clevo will continue with the same chassis (only add the 4th fans as the fan header is already put on MB) or come up with something completely new. My best guess... A refresh of same chassis with minor changes (maybe new better fans). Anything else will surprise me (in a positive direction). But it will cost. Your best guess on this? Thanks.

2. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    @XMG, thank you for responding. We've had exchanges before, and I hope that some of what I've said in the past was taken as constructive criticism, getting back to the right people. Regardless, you exemplify top-notch customer service, and although we have different viewpoints (reseller vs. customer), I always appreciate your presence and responses here on NBR.

The rest is some more feedback I hope can make it to the right people... (if you know what I mean).

Yes. I was hoping there would've been a redesign for an x299 type of DTR laptop.

Now, given the thermal dissipation required, I understand it would've had to been a new chassis and cooling system. And given that we'd been thru iterations of P870DM -> P870KM -> P870TM, I had hoped Clevo would've announced something along the lines of X299 that would've had the same impact on the market like when the P570WM was introduced.

Size and keys. Perhaps something's changed there, but don't the 17" laptops use the same keyboard as 15" models? With the extra space on 17" laptops, it would be nicer to have the keyboard keys, spacing, layout, etc. take advantage of the extra surface area.

Understood... :wink: I hope the information is used and makes a difference.

That is good to know as well. A BIOS/UEFI approach is best as the XTU stuff doesn't work in my case... Linux. (See Sig)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Dr. AMK likes this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Dang, I sure hope so. If he was serious, that's a bit over the top. I don't mind debate and using hyperbole to make a point, but I still respect people that I disagree with. And, I have nothing but nice thoughts about XMG. I'd still require a @Prema BIOS, but I know you guys do things right with the products you sell and care a lot about your customers.

Kurgo, Prema, XMG and 5 others like this.
  4. DuongTHVN

DuongTHVN Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    :( i hope Clevo add some AMD Graphics Option for P775DM3-G
    and
    :( an unlock BIOS from Clevo or Sager for P775DM3-G
    Thanks

Dr. AMK likes this.
  5. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    Good point, But not only AMD GPU's even we would like to see AMD CPU's as well.

hmscott likes this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Idle power and perf/watt still needs to improve regardless of support/development.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  7. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    Yes, but still it can be done somehow don't you think? maybe with a complete new design. The price will be lower than Intel systems and it will be a good option for many of us. Can you help them with the design?

8. BeastsForever.TheDragon

BeastsForever.TheDragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I believe the design isn't the problem, r7 1700x runs cooler.

Thing is you(clevo) require the licensing for am4 socket and the chipset contracts, which i believe AMD stated is currently "exclusive" to ASUS for gl702zc(asus crapped it this time). A delleinware guy also tweeted that they're in constant convo with AMD for first in-line Ryzen TR sales and am4 mobiles. They got the first, but lost the latter to Asus.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  9. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    If this is the situation, then it will be a big challenge, maybe there is any workaround can be done somehow.

10. BeastsForever.TheDragon

BeastsForever.TheDragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I dont think clevo would do any "workarounds" since they can get into legal issues very easily. And given the fact that ryxen is popular for its "8core config", aand intel bringing their 8cores with hell lot of better per core performance, clevo would stick to intel.

Lets be practical and not let our dreams shade reality, fact is fact.

Vasudev and Dr. AMK like this.