Clevo Co. Market NEWS and Performance discussions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Dr. AMK, Mar 30, 2017.

1. BeastsForever.TheDragon

BeastsForever.TheDragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, um, just wanted to say, even if @Prema decided not to make bios mods anymore, welp, still, i would buy clevo since RELATIVELY, their firmwares are less cancerous then others (including msi, just think how much @Falkentyne has struggled to get the NOS disabled, and still cant do it yet!).

I would surely agree that if they know someone like prema has talent, knowledge and willpower better then their whole team, why just not ask prema to join them? They'll together do WONDERS!

Falkentyne likes this.
  2. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's not a significant amount of sales.

3. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    I bought once a DM3 with XMG BIOS, it was unlocked, but not with all options and features like the Prema one, is XMG providing an unlocked BIOS for their laptops?

4. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    How can you be certain? I went with the mighty-mini instead of something like the P870TM due to some of these issues not being addressed by last Oct/Nov. I've also been telling others at work and in the industry to wait and see if these things are ever resolved.

How many potential buyers are out there like me?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Dr. AMK, Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    We differ there. I would not own a Clevo if I had to run the stock firmware and no @Prema BIOS and EC mods. Performance is diminished and the default lighting scheme sucks with stock Clevo BIOS and EC.

ssj92, Dr. AMK, Falkentyne and 2 others like this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    What is not significant amount of sales. 1-3 or 5% ? I mean if it's 5% so is this on level with problematic RMA numbers (too much flaws). See... Razer
    An all <each> company has its 18.4 ?o_O

Edit. Some of the known company who push gaming laptops... Asus, Msi, Aorus (Gigabyte), Clevo, Razer, Hp, Evga, Lenovo, Aw, Acer etc. I can't see the numbers you talk about.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  7. BeastsForever.TheDragon

Reputations:
    Hmm, well, just tell me sir,in a parallel universe where just let's say something like premamod dosent exist, and if you were to buy a laptop, and you were to select between current options, wouldn't you still be buying clevo,knowing bgacrapturds have allready diminished hardware ALONG WITH crappy bioses? Thing is, you dont have option! People dosent know that they're being cheated with these cancer firmware, they're happy with it! It was people like @Prema who decided to create an option! And people like you and hidevolution( @Ted@HIDevolution ) who considered him! Even if you go and ask clevo users, they dont know about prema mod! Most of them take it for granted. There are very few people who knows about prema compared to total clevo users. People like you, @Papusan , phoenix know bout it, but not everybody! Reason why still "Sager" is a bigger brand then "evoc" .(despite evoc being ultimate compared to sager, which i really hate).

8. BeastsForever.TheDragon

Reputations:
    Yes, msi has gt83 as ultimate, aorus has x9, acer has 21x, AW *had* AW18 and m18x, asus has gx800, razer dosent even have balls and guts so it is not even in competetion, hp and lenovo are, like started to put foot in gaming industries.

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    And who say Aorus X9 i'ts 18.4. Acer push out limited 21.0" version in 300 units. Asus Gx 800 is or was impossible to get. Only Msi is is normal easy to get hold of. Each company... Nope!! And you can't count with AW. Same as you can't count in older bigger Clevo 18.4" laptops.

10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Part of the problem is, a stock clevo throttles even more than a MSI throttlebook. The P870 TM is nowhere near as bad as the older DM series, thus it's "usable" stock, but the DM series would throttle like mad. Even the MSI Throttlebook, with its battery boost, would go farther (if you got a good sample BGA turd chip, which is about equal to the worst sample 7700K chips), provided you unlocked the Bios menus to take control of IA AC DC Loadline.