Clevo BIOS Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Sep 11, 2009.

1. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    @Ciellia, can your reseller find or recommend a reasonably priced replacement GTX 1070? Perhaps that may be a way to solve your dilemma.

2. Ciellia

Ciellia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    nope, they insisted on 1400cad for the entire motherboard replacement, so no good :(

3. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Sorry to see that. Seems odd they want to replace the mobo if the card is the bad component.

In any case, perhaps someone can post another option for purchasing a GTX 1070

4. codral

codral Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    FYI to anyone else using Metabox on the P950HR Metabox just got back to me and said no Prema BIOS or other BIOS available, nor updates from the current version. Looks like i bought at EOL and will have to start flashing Clevo onto this PC instead.. Shame because for some more functionality i'd happily pay out of pocket for a new BIOS. Oh well, next time i'll look at XoticPC who are clevo importers in Aus.
    (BIOS is 1.05.05TMB and EC is 1.05.06)
    Reply below:
    "and it does appears that the Prema BIOS mods that you've referenced are only available on our Prime-X range - I believe these models specifically is where we've chosen to partner on."

"In regards to your current BIOS, there's unfortunately no further major updates that I can see. There are some minor releases, but nothing in the way of added functionality or additional options within the BIOS menu."

So i guess the latest Clevo BIOS doesn't add many more options, shame because my metabox probably has the fewest available tweaks or settings of any PC i've owned, desktop or notebook.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  5. Hossbando

Hossbando Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you have the AMI tools, you can copy your current BIOS rom onto the hard disk, then edit it yourself to enable more options. I'm not sure if there are CRC/hash/filesize etc checks that you'll have to be careful of, but this link may get you started: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thr...-MSI-BIOS-to-unlock-full-features-UEFI-Aptio4

A lot of requests for Prema's BIOS' have gone unanswered lately, but good luck.

6. Msradell

Msradell Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anybody have an updated Bios for a sager np 5673 / clevo w670rcw. Unaware I can get one?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2018 at 3:44 PM