Clevo BIOS Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    GO to BIOS and navigate to Advanced section and you will see Vt-x or CPU virtualisation tech or vanderpool tech.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  2. McAwesome97

McAwesome97 Newbie

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, there is no option to enable the VT-X function. In addition I found that unfortunately the update I installed has the VT-x disabled so nothing to do. To know it I would never have updated ... I'm trying to solve with the manufacturer of my pc.

anytimer likes this.
  3. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    'Bummer. This is where this thread scares off a lot of people. IMHO every BIOS should be accompanied by at least a changelog or feature list. Otherwise it is just a random collection of BIOSes.

4. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Bump.

5. Kigen

Kigen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is a generic error. It does not necessarily mean that VT-x is not enabled on your BIOS. If you have Windows 10, open Task Manager. Go to Performance -> CPU. If Virtualization says Enabled then VT-x is enabled. And the Virtualbox error means some other piece of software is hogging the virtualization. This commonly is Hyper-V. Hyper-V can be disabled in Windows add/remove features panel. Microsoft also recently (in the last feature update) released Memory integrity (HVCI) checking to non-Enterprise editions. This shouldn't automatically be turned on unless you did a fresh install of Windows with the new feature update. But is basically the Hyper-V hypervisor in a slim mode.

Dennismungai, Vasudev and anytimer like this.
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Is HVCI present on Home versions as well?

7. Kigen

Kigen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    By default, its disabled.
    The performance is worst after HVCI is enabled after the Spectre BIOS patch on older high end BGA chips like 6700HQ .

9. p0och

p0och Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ive got the P150sm and ive flashed my bios to the latest one which was listed on this forum (dated 2014)

This machine is still a beast to me but i was wondering if there is an update to the bios since the last release 4 years ago.

also is the Control centre a must have to be installed?

i also noticed this annoying Insyde HID airplane mode driver which was mysterious as I performed a full clean reformat along with the bios update and the other drivers were just realtek for sound and intel for wifi and the gpu along with the latest for nvidia.

i've checked the clevo site and the other stuff such as the sound blaster seem like crapware to me at least.

synaptics were auto downloaded by windows and im aware of some issues with that but so far so good...

just not quite sure how that Insyde HID dririvercame about and I actually uninstalled it but it came back like how some crapware fromwindows 10 comes back anyway despite your best efforts.

oh yeah i've got xtu to undervolt the i1-4700mq by -0.1mv

apart from that i noticed the fans are actually louder post the bios update despite temps not over 70 degrees and i'vealso redone the full thermal with artic mx 4 for both cpu and gpu.

thanks for reading but really just 2 questions

1- is there a further bios uopdateout there somewhere? and
    2)what is the bloody insyde HID driver doing?

so -:

10. UranusCEO

UranusCEO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    P750ZM need bios update :( Not support booting from NVMe SSD