Clevo BIOS Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Sep 11, 2009.

1. skimmer333

skimmer333 Newbie

Reputations:
    Cheers. I read the instructions for the 1.02.22 file, thinking the latest does all the updates required. I've never updated the bios on a laptop, just desktops. Thought they would be the same.
    Anyways. It's all sorted now (apart from the change of the startup logo), and the machine is now shutting down correctly. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
    Skimmer333

t456 and joluke like this.
  2. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have played a bit with undervolting in ThrottleStop and found values that seem ok. I found that -100mV on the CPU/Cache and -50mV on the iGPU is very solid. How do I apply this in the Prema bios correctly?

3. joluke

joluke Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Don't mess around with the BIOS. Leave throttlestop running!

The program does exactly the same you would do in the BIOS plus its safer!

Play it safe :)

4. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ok cool. I'll settle for TS then. -145mV seem good n cold.

5. nixliu

nixliu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can we chage logo?

6. ng4572

ng4572 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

this is my first post to this forum, maybe it's the wrong thread. But here are certainly the experts.

I purchased a P775TM1-G (UHD Display, i7-8700K, GTX1060, Win 10 Enterprise) from NEXOC. Everything is running fine. I had the idea to watch UHD Blue Ray Disks (PowerDVD 17) with this notebook. Now I have learned that things are not so easy. PowerDVD 17 only supports UHD playback on an internal Intel graphics card (which cannot be activated on a P775TM1-G), but rumors say that PowerDVD 18 will support NVIDIA Pascal cards.

That leaves a second problem. The computer must support Intel SGX. Unfortunately I did not find an entry for SGX in the BIOS.

BIOS: 1.05.04
    EC: 1.05.03
    ME FW: 11.8.50.3399

CLEVO told me SGX is not supported yet. That's why I dumped my BIOS ("afuwinx64 STOCK.ROM /O") and analyzed it with AMIBCP. Under "Setup-Advanced-Advanced Chipset Control" is an entry for SGX saying "disabled". In all BIOS I found for a P775TM1-G SGX is disabled.

It is easy to set the entry to "enabled" and save it as STOCKSGX.ROM. The size of the file remains the same.
    Can I safely flash this BIOS? What are the right parameters for flashing? Do I need an other ME Fw? Will this enable SGX in Windows 10 and make PowerDVD happy? Has anyone ever tried that before? Questions over questions.

Any sugestions appreciated.

ng4572

FTW_260 likes this.
  7. chronon

chronon Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, my model is set as "P870DM2_DM3 (U3E1)", which BIOS should I flash?
    Whats the deal with "-G"? Is it for G-SYNC? (My laptop has G-SYNC)

8. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I can't answer the first question, but for the second, Yes, -G stands for G-SYNC related components of a laptop.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  9. chronon

chronon Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you, I searched the thread and it seems the P870DM-G version should work.
    Is this a prema BIOS? I tried to access their website, there are no links or anything, just a subscribe thing...

10. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If you have the BIOS and will be flashing it yourself, then no, it is most likely not a Prema based BIOS. Prema's BIOS are only available thru a Prema Partner - https://premamod.com/partner/.

Before flashing anything, check with the reseller of your system. If they are a Prema partner, they'll remotely flash it for you. If they are not a Prema Partner, clear it with them before flashing anything in case you end up losing G-SYNC or in the case of a wrong BIOS, completely bricking your system.

Please proceed with caution, and good luck!

Dr. AMK likes this.