Clevo BIOS Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi fellas. I was looking at a laptop from HIDevolution, but since it's not in Europe the import tax will probably kill me. I found a german seller that can provide a similar machine, but it does not seem to have a special bios. Are there any way to find out beforehand if possible to flash a custom bios like Prema on it? The seller is mysn.de and the model is XMG Zenith 17.

2. JoshT

JoshT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The problem isn't if it is possible to flash. The problem is getting a copy of the BIOS from Prema. It's pretty much been said in several places that if you don't buy from a Prema Partner it's unlikely that you will be able to get a copy. Since Prema isn't currently accepting any requests the chances are even slimmer. Doesn't sound like Prema is being mean/rude, just swamped with work and possibly feeling a little underappreciated.

Your best bet for getting a Prema BIOS is to buy from a Prema Partner. They can be found here: Official Prema Mod Partner Team

Perhaps the Clevo P870TM1-G from ClevoCenter, it looks like the same model. While I'm not familiar with euros, price looks about the same too.

3. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    DreamMachines does not offer the model I want and ClevoCenter does not have swedish keyboard, so none of those will do.

Are there any other decent options except for Prema then? Or do I even need custom bios? I'm not gonna do any special customizing. Undervolt the CPU mostly I guess.

4. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It might cost a bit more, but what if you ordered the computer from ClevoCenter, and the Swedish keyboard from DreamMachines?

5. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Even thou that's not a bad idea and does give me the Prema bios, I can't seem to find any option to only buy a Swedish keyboard.

jclausius likes this.
  6. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    ClevoCenter answered me that they can provide a Swedish keyboard. Yay!

I'm just waiting for some more answers from them, then it looks like I'm good to go with my order. :)

EDIT: It's seems ClevoCenter can arrange for all my preferences to be fulfilled. Awesome.

EDIT2: And it's ordered! Can hardly wait!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    jclausius likes this.
  7. 4004

4004 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anybody found bios with the new Intel microcode?

8. skimmer333

skimmer333 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all.
    I have a Clevo W370ET that was on bios version 1.00.08 and EC 1.00.05.
    On page 378, there is a link to a mirror of clevo bios: https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/W3xxET/
    I went there and downloaded the 1.02.22 version and applied it, as per the instructions. However I have noticed that the EC version is still 1.00.05. I was expecting that the update would do the EC as well, as it wasn't mentioned that the EC had to be updated beforehand. (i.e. the process would update the EC then the bios.)
    My machine no longer shuts down. (Win10Pro). If it select hibernate, or shutdown, it seems to shutdown, but the system stays running, and I have to force the machine to shutdown, which then messes up windows (all my icons reset position).

Is it possible to update the EC now? Hoping this would fix the shutdown issue.

9. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Better read the instructions first:
    In other words; your current bios v1.02.22 is incompatible with your current ec version. The proper sequence would've been this:
    1. W3xET0805.zip - System BIOS 1.00.08 and EC firmware 1.00.05
    2. W3xETE0213.zip - EC firmware 1.02.13
    3. W3xET_B0222.zip - System BIOS 1.02.22
    There's always some risk with downflashing, but think that would be preferable to flashing in the wrong order. I'd do a cmos reset first, flash back to bios v1.00.08 and then flash the ec and bios in the order as above, adding a cmos reset after every step.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Ryogo

Ryogo Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry, I won't be original with this - but is there a way to acquire Prema mods? Since @Prema stated that he closed his PM intentionally, I don't know any other way.
    And I'm really struggling with "current power limit" on my p650sg lap (and p650sa/p650se also) :(

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018