Clevo BIOS Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Sep 11, 2009.

1. spec0s

spec0s Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. polosatiy123

polosatiy123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello!
    Sorry for maybe a noob question, but where can i get EC/KBC updates? Is there a some source for all Clevos, or it's more random thing? My model is N870HP6 (Sager NP7870). Also are there any instructions on flashing new firmware?

3. Forestay

Forestay Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys i m planning to sell my laptop parts and build a desktop but before doing that i wanna ask unfortunately i m out of country and the country i m living for now has no good repair service on mobo eeprom programming the service previously i took my bricked laptop has taken out the wrong chip to reprogram it according to the mobo diagram scheme the chip was tbt chip (Winbond 25Q80DVSIG) located next to gtx980 single mxm3 master slot on p8700 -D03 mobo. When i power on the laptop there is no light coming up on power button now. The main bios chip named AH1515 25B64CSJG as a last try before give up (because i wont pay 450usd on a new mobo) i need someone that could flash the bios on a new chip with tbt and post them to me. if there is such thing possible please contact me for details before i chop this laptop up. meanwhile the vendor doesnt want to help me with that. i m not also able to send my laptop to the vendor due to custom problems in destination country. Thanks in advance for all suggestions and comments.

4. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Sure, no problem. Will send you a pm.

ole!!! likes this.
  5. capjack

capjack Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anybody know of any updates for the P775TM1? This BIOS is ATROCIOUS!! I'd like to try to get it up to the latest revision while I wait for Prema to finish saving us from horrid Clevo software engineers.

6. psil0

psil0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Greetings ladies and gentlemen!

I have a Clevo N170SD, not that old of a model but for what i have seen you guys never adressed it here.

I would like to know if Prema has ever addressed this clevo model and if there is a mod BIOS for it. I recently flashed palkeo's stock BIOS and it helped me with the power limit throttling issues i was having.

I would like to be able to tweak ram and other stuff but i cant because of clevo's crappy and limited BIOS.

Thank you guys.

CLEVO N170SD
    ME FW Version: 9.1.30.1008
    BIOS Version: 1.05.01
    KBC/EC Firmware: 1.05.01
    Mobo: HM87
    Processor: i7-4720hq
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 960M 2gb
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb ddr3 1600
    Disk: 750GB 7200rpm HDD

7. psil0

Reputations:
    Greetings!

I am having current limit throttling while playing games in my clevo N170SD.
    I noticed my CPU thermal design current (TDC) is set to 63A. I cant change it in BIOS. Is there any other way to increase it?
    Or the only option is a modded BIOS like @Prema ?

Thanks,

CLEVO N170SD
    ME FW Version: 9.1.30.1008
    BIOS Version: 1.05.01
    KBC/EC Firmware: 1.05.01
    Mobo: HM87
    Processor: i7-4720hq
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 960M 2gb
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb ddr3 1600
    Disk: 750GB 7200rpm HDD

8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Look at XTU or ThrottleStop.

9. psil0

Reputations:
    I did.
    I dont have Processor current limit option in XTU
    In ThrottleStop the PP0 Current limit is set to 63A. (the 63A showed in HWinfo32 for CPU thermal design current (TDC), i guess).
    So the limit is locked I guess.

Is there any way to solve this?

10. psil0

Reputations:
    (BEFORE)
    Hi guys Im having Power limit throttle issues and maybe you guys can help. It happens when TDP package passes the limits that are locked. I want to unlock them but my BIOS is super simple and a can tweak almost nothing. Using HWinfo32 shows:

CPU Thermal Design Power (TDP): 47.0 W
    CPU Thermal Design Current (TDC): 85.0 A
    CPU Power Limits (Max): Power = Unlimited, Time = Unlimited
    CPU Power Limit 1 - Long Duration: Power = 47.00 W, Time = 28.00 sec [Locked]
    CPU Power Limit 2 - Short Duration: Power = 58.75 W, Time = 2.44 ms [Locked]

So i can set the power limits to an unlimited value, but it seems the manufacturer locked the limits.
    How can i unlock them??!!!

Thanks,

I have a clevo n170sd:
    i7-4720HQ
    GTX960M
    8GB DDR3 1600mhz
    windows 10 pro
    AC 120W[/QUOTE]
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    (NOW)

WTF!!!
    I updated my BIOS from 1.03.0x to 1.05.01 and now I no longer have Power limit throttling.
    Now i have current limit throttling. Is it because they increased PL1 and PL2, but decreased TDC?! (I have no idea)
    Can you guys help me? What can i do?!

PS: I havent formatted and made a clean install of the OS since flashing BIOS. Can it help?! (dont think so)

CPU Thermal Design Power (TDP): 47.0 W
    CPU Thermal Design Current (TDC): 63.0 A
    CPU Power Limits (Max): Power = Unlimited, Time = Unlimited
    CPU Power Limit 1 - Long Duration: Power = 65.00 W, Time = 5.00 sec [Locked]
    CPU Power Limit 2 - Short Duration: Power = 75.00 W, Time = 2.44 ms [Locked]

Thank you