Clevo BIOS Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Sep 11, 2009.

1. boggi

boggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox Thanks a thousand times!! I really appreciate it!

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    You're welcome, Brother @boggi :)

3. Captainflo22

Captainflo22 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, Something about P775TM1-G?

Comprodigy likes this.
  4. Nomen32

Nomen32 Newbie

Reputations:
    In Post #4254 I asked some unanswered questions.
    To be added: A slic in one of the computers apparently blocks activating from Microsoft and needs altering.
    Everybody points at Premo and I would like to address him directly. I tried the links given, to no avail. As I stay as far away as possible from Facebook and Twitter it seems hard to reach him for a request. Originating a PM seems impossible for me by this time .
    Has anyone a suggestion about how to solve this problem?

5. relax24

relax24 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone?

6. Forestay

Forestay Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys I own the p870dmg tried to replace a logo by using uefitool within the ROM file then flashed it in dos session after that system has began hanging on bios splash screen after that used fn +b function the recovery section showed up then I reflashed from the recovery restarted the computer then everything on the screen was black no way that the computer won't boot tried removing CMOS and main battery thousands times no responds also no way to trigger bios recovery by using fn+b the system fully ****ed up the only thing to get rid of this if I left a piece of luck is taking out the chip and reprogram it but how to do this procedure I have original bios factory files how to program the chip by using TL866 a minipro and which files to program it any advice welcomes.

7. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Try to see if you can install the original BIOS

8. Lynx2017

Lynx2017 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When I look at Clevo official page for all drivers for my Clevo P670HS-G i don't see a BIOS listed there at all, not even the original, only chipset, audio, etc type drivers.

Can someone help me look in the right place?

9. Forestay

Forestay Newbie

Reputations:
    They probably dont want to share the bios files u will have to contact them.

Reprogrammed the bios chip by taking the chip out of mobo still No post there is some kind protection on mobo i guess. Does anyone have any idea?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2017
  10. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    There isn't, it should work straight away. Did you check the eeprom's size matches that of the binary?

Clevo supplies some systems with two binaries, one an ec+bios and the other ec+bios+me. These can wind up on a single eeprom or on two separate ones. If you flashed the combined file, say 8MB/64Mbit, to a 48Mbit eeprom then it'd happily write the first 48Mbits and skip the remaining 16Mbits, yielding a non-viable solution if the binary meant the first 16Mbit to go onto the other eeprom.

Also make sure to double check all eight newly-soldered pins with a multimeter. Or simply add an extra dollop of solder if in doubt and a multimeter isn't available.