Clevo BIOS Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Sep 11, 2009.

1. ImHere

ImHere Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    John thank you for clarifying that, means allot....thank you again. First I was not aware they pushed out so many updates but i guess what gives me pause would be that there control center needs work and that doesn't seem to be going anywhere as for bios updates im shocked to hear so many updates roll down the line because we as consumers don't see it and that is across the board...every seller! Truth is every seller is to small to handle bios updates in a promising way and that is why they opt for Prema however being a consumer not included on Pema then its my job to complain about Clevo and there lack of follow up because even if the re-seller is responsible for that then it is my contention that Clevo cancel contractual relationships with sellers who don't fulfill bios end user support and at the end of the day this is still a Clevo issue.

I do want to add a example here Intel sells there chipset on the motherboard not to the consumer but to the manufacture however it is Intel who continues support with drivers...why is it to much to expect that from Clevo?

Let me add John you guys are the only seller actually doing something regarding the Clevo community and it shows with your driver software for sure....lets face facts every re-seller seems almost content with slapping there logo on the bios and calling it a day. Clevo is responsible for who it sells too.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    We don´t do just Drivers through the app, we send BIOS updates too using the same app. But it´s not like you "need" to have a app to be doing your job properly as a re-seller/brand. Just add a "downloads" section in the website and let the users have access to it, keep it updated, that´s it.

The problem i have with popular rhetoric is that CLEVO is always the one to blame, and this way re-sellers/brands keep enjoying their immunity and sometimes even jump into the band wagon and will say "it´s CLEVO fault" too.

If most users think buying a PCS is the same as buying a XMG, or buying from those stores who don´t even place brands or logos is the same as buying one OBSIDIAN, then we have a problem. Thinking the laptops are "the same" and the "support" and "service" is the same is a big problem.
    If this does not change then what´s the point of working hard, improving the products, doing bios, software, using advanced assembly techniques, etc. To most of user it´s just a CLEVO, all the same, no point spending more money right?

CLEVO needs to create minimal requirements, or something like that, unfortunately, and i do not want to sound racist, but working with Chinese manufacturers on other areas as thought me something, usually they sell to anyone, regardless of what the re-seller/brand does and regardless how the product is supported. The only thing different with CLEVO is that actually a BIG percentage of the community calls the laptops "A CLEVO", so damage made by re-sellers and brands are actually damage to "CLEVO".

ImHere likes this.
  3. ImHere

ImHere Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I understand that the app sends updates for bios as well and i commend you for that...other's should strive to be more like Obsidian. You have made my point it is just a Clevo...Sure everything you mentioned is spot on and I agree but really lets face it, its a Clevo. It's unfair to expect bios updates from small time re-sellers but it is fair to ask for Clevo to push one out here and there, that's all im saying.

So you know im not knocking you i actually respect how you guys care more than most...but collectively the others sellers don't and frankly who should I i blame? This will bite Clevo in the rear one day mark my words, they don't care and in time the sellers will have milked what they can from them.

4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Trust me, i understand you, it´s just that we are a company with only around 1 year of existence, our team is made up by 4 workers only. How can you expect me to excuse other re-sellers for not doing more?

5. ImHere

ImHere Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I don't, i think your doing right by calling them out but I also of the mind set calling out Clevo after all this is a Clevo thread. I am surprised that all re-sellers haven't come together to either fund a bios team or share and compare notes on continuing software development. Aside from Prema im just talking regular bios updates that i think any end user should be entitled to.

6. RefiRed

RefiRed Newbie

Reputations:
    Greetings

Can someone please post a link with the latest bios for Clevo Laptop P670HS-G. The link in the first post is not working when I tried to download the bios file "Error 404".

https://ibb.co/i7pgSv

ImHere likes this.
  7. Ben1985

Ben1985 Newbie

Reputations:
    Is there a more recent BIOS than version 1.05.05 for the Clevo P670HP6? Obviously, microcode patches for Kaby Lake processors have been pushed as operating system updates, but I thought that perhaps this has been addressed via a BIOS update as well.

ImHere likes this.
  8. blacktape

blacktape Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The latest BIOS for both the P650HS6-G and the P670HP6 (they both use the same bios) is:
    Bios: 1.05.05 release date: 2017-5-04
    ME: 11.6.10.1196
    KB/EC : 1.05.05 release date: 2017-3-01

As someone working at a reseller, I would like to be able to keep the newest BIOS's flashed to the systems I am producing, but repeatedly I am finding myself in a spot that I have been given zero tools to do so. I am supposed to have a custom graphic embedded into the BIOS, but I don't have the programs to do it, and the programs I do have access to, no longer work with the 'Secure Bios' and the crazy naming scheme that I have been getting from Clevo.

With the last few generations of laptops I have been working with, I have found the best and most reliable way to flash the BIOS's are through the UEFI interface built into the bios. It operates like a Linux console, but unfortunately, scripting is nearly impossible because the program doesn't seem to be reading the entire text in the script files.. only partial commands, partial names, etc. Any scripts written by Clevo are also broken. The best way to do it, is to remove all the trash from the scripts, and boil it down to several lines of code to enter by hand.

Brows to the folder on the USB key, then:
    Meset.efi

reboot again

FPT.efi -f p650hp3a.8m -l 2097152 -y

afuefix64.efi p650hp3a.rom /p /b /n /l /r

uecflkash64.efi ep65hp.03 /ad /f2

I make a print out of each of these so that I have an easy reference.

9. majster msi

majster msi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Someone could provide premabios for p870dmg? It will be faster than unlocking it with amipcb ;).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  10. ImHere

ImHere Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    We got it Prema is awesome but his post wasent about Prema please get a grip its a Clevo Bios Thred