Clevo BIOS Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Sep 11, 2009.

1. ImHere

ImHere Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Mr fox I like allot of what you post but damn man you are a little to much of an apologist in my opinion and frankly though your statements might be true and i understand your fondness of him bieng a close friend...maybe you could let the man be a man and come to his own defense?

Or maybe you enjoy being his wet nurse?

edryr likes this.
  2. Prema

Prema Little Bios Mod

Reputations:
    He only tried to help people that are not searching for information themselves:

steberg, ajc9988, ImHere and 3 others like this.
  3. ImHere

ImHere Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Prema I get that and i respect that as a friend I do but it was coming off a bit over the top and i felt you were more than capable of speaking for yourself, I like Mr. Fox and i read his posts often because it actually makes me think and grow in a technical aspect however I must draw the line were he excused the people over at Clevo for not updating there bios(which is what im upset about) because in his eyes everyone conducts themselves in such a manner and as a matter of fact should not because they would screw up...giving up is not right and im disappointed in this considering how much he goes on and on about BGA....really frustrates me honestly.

Yeah i want your bios Prema but ive given up a while back and my only gripe being that im a outsider looking in with you is one of constructive criticism being that people would at least like to be responded to and in no way was i criticizing you or your software because i wont have a chance to use it till i order another laptop.

Aside from that yeah im miffed that Clevo has not updated there bios simply because my old hp had more bios updates not to mention ive been told by Xotic they would have one update for the bios over two months back in a months time...yet nothing!!!

4. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    Well, you know I'm supporting you in all you do! You've been amazing to this community. I remember seeing you had posted back in 2011 when I got my p170hm, but you had the p170hm3 and I didn't really participate in the forums back then. Fast forward to the P770 systems and I was finally able to show my appreciation. Hope all is well and if you ever need to chat, let me know.

And once again, thank you for all of your work!!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Prema likes this.
  5. ImHere

ImHere Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Again there is a Prema review thread this is about Clevo bios and nothing more but some of you have a bit to much fanaticism regarding Prema, the fact is this is for Clevo Bios and nothing else and im keeping to my statement about how im angry of there lack of support...

6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I understand your frustration with the crappy stock fithware. If I had to use a Clevo with the stock BIOS the fact of the matter is that I would never own one. Same applies to other brands. The reason is that all of them are incompetent and release nothing but crippled filthware. There are no notebooks with a good stock BIOS. If we're talking about a mainstream Dell, HP, ASUS, Acer, MSI, Lenovo, Razer or some other turdbook, it's not a big deal because they have such pathetic performance potential with lame hardware that there is no point in burning any calories on caring about what options are available in the BIOS.

But, I don't understand how you concluded I was making excuses for Clevo not releasing filthware updates. Nothing could be further from the truth. That is totally inexcusable. If my choice of words led you to believe that, it must have been a poor choice of words on my part. My point was and is that there is no point is flashing a screwed up new version of filthware when it's 99% certain it's going to suck about as bad as what was already there. That applies to pretty much all stock BIOS. It always blows, and if you're stuck with a sucky piece of trash after the update, why bother with the update. That's what I'm saying. There is no legitimate excuse for the lameness of all notebook OEM filthware.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Vasudev, ajc9988 and ImHere like this.
  7. ImHere

ImHere Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well to an extent your right but I tend to feel that we as a consumer should not accept it and should demand more...frankly this is an argument you have made about BGA vs LGA and i agree however you can not make one argument and then accept complacency on another front as important as this! That said even though a major brand might always blows it should be given props that they have some forum of pride in there product because when a company doesn't have any updates then that's a symbolic to me of no pride in there work and that's what im sensing from Clevo.

Also what I know about a major brand is you know what kinda pile your getting into however with Clevo its branded as more consumer friendly and a gaming laptop and what not...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  8. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Reading your last posts i think you are wrong in some points:

-You never bought anything from CLEVO
    -CLEVO is not a brand it´s a manufacturer, imagine it as a "factory"
    -CLEVO should have ZERO support to end client
    -The place where you buy your laptop is THE BRAND
    -So you need to compare the service of THAT brand with others

There´s no point complaining about CLEVO, NONE, you need to complain about the brand where you bought: "XMG, EVOC, HID, OBSIDIAN, PCS, whatever..."

Brands that are doing their job will have regular BIOS updates, either with custom stuff, special options, designed ECs, etc, these brands should also have good support, and should be able to send information and problem reports to CLEVO.
    - All problems we reported to CLEVO got fixed
    - Every time we ask for BIOS information / updates they comply.
    - They even go as far as to allow us to improve stuff in the motherboards (rework)

Now about prema, it´s his work, he does have all the right to do whatever he wants with it.

Basically your rant keeps feeding something that i just don´t agree, people bashing CLEVO is pointless and harmful, this needs to stop. CLEVO can have all the faults in the world BUT you need to complain to your re-seller/brand, and THEY need to pass the info to CLEO, find solutions, improve the products, etc. Most of the complaints i see directed to CLEVO is actually poor re-seller work and they are to blame.

9. ImHere

ImHere Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    John your taking things a little to close to heart and i think you might be getting your feelings hurt on a thing and i feel for you and let me get a few things straight with you...this is yes a thing a thing though resold and re-branded still makes it the same thing...I don't care how you look at it, its the same...why then would there be an entire thread names Clevo Bios and not say Obsidian/Clevo Bios.

I am not ranting here im expressing my self and my frustration though you help the community and i appreciate it i think you may be a bit to self involved at this point by telling my im actually ranting when im not.

I don't doubt for a min that Clevo allows custom work on the system in many ways...i mean its being re-branded and resold right? However why cant i vent on here? You make it clear when you ask for updates or information regarding bios things they comply...isnt this thread called Clevo Bios?

I agree Prema makes a product and im fine with him doing as he pleases but first lets get this right...nothing is more off putting than others coming to his deffence because of being good friends or even fan boys...i hate that this thread cant be about Clevo no its gotta be about Prema. Why cant the fan boys fawn over him on his own thread or something?

Let me add I was ready to get a system with a Prema bios and all my reseller would say is that when contacting Prema he would only say it would be out soon...When the hell is soon?, Mind you that was three months ago. I guess Prema's soon and my soon are diffrent!

John it should also be noted the longer you typed the more mad you got and it is so awful...john im not mad just expressing my self in a constructive way and i really feel sad for you when you think i should not in any way do so....Clevo does have issues sir and im tired of people like your self excusing it!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  10. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Humm maybe "rant" was not the best choice of words, heck i just had to google it to be sure what it means... What i was actually trying to say is "Directing your frustration towards something".

My point is simple, CLEVO releases plenty of updates, sometimes even too many BIOS updates to keep up. Since we modify our own BIOS it takes a lot of time from us every time CLEVO releases a update, i am always like 2 or 3 models behind.

So i just do not understand how can someone complain about a lack of updates.

ImHere likes this.