Clevo BIOS Thread

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Sep 11, 2009.

1. duffym

duffym Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the suggestions - re: CMOS I removed the CMOS battery, left it overnight and put it back in next morning without success. Is there any other method of resetting CMOS or should that have done it?

I did try the boot-F7-down arrow thing (and also Fn-F7 for good measure) however when I think of it I used the same USB port each time. I'll give it a further go using each of the other USB ports.

2. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Yes, that should've done it, but the famed 'leave overnight' bit is a terribly circumspect method. All you want to accomplish is draining any leftover charge present in the motherboard's capacitors and simply pushing the power button for ten seconds or so will do the same thing, only much faster. Of course, you also have to remove the battery (and adapter) for this to work; the whole idea is to clear all non-default settings from the bios, these needing a small charge full-time to keep them in that non-default state.

If this doesn't pan out then all that's left is flashing it with a programmer.

3. kela777slk

kela777slk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hi. who can me help. my oficial SerialNumber in notebook are erased and worn out after carry a laptop. i have clevo p775dm1-g base laptop. Laptop name is Santech G49. I cannot download new bios for him, because official site need special serial number. I'm afraid to Flash bios from other manufacturers. Someone wrote that after update Bios of another manufacturer the wireless network do not work and begin other errors. site is http://www.santech.eu/notebook/g49-series
    i whrite on support Santech - no results and no answers.

Can someone download this bios or help me? View attachment 143145 View attachment 143146

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  4. Prema

Prema Little Bios Mod

Reputations:
    The serial number is on different parts of the Notebook. Just open the bottom cover to see another location.

@duffym Check your mail for recovery procedure.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. kela777slk

kela777slk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi Prema. Thanks for answer. But if you mean about this s\n on motherboard - not valid on manufacter site. I try many combinations - one results- failed.

Attached Files:

6. Prema

Prema Little Bios Mod

Reputations:
    No the number below the barcode...

kela777slk likes this.
  7. kela777slk

kela777slk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    thank you so much. It worked. PREMA YOU ARE THE BEST! :vbthumbsup::newpalm::newpalm::newpalm:
    20170314_224623.jpg
    Maybe someone will need this information. The red arrow indicates the barcode with the serial number. On the manufacturers' websites this code is often required for downloading different software.

Blacky and Prema like this.
  8. gilipollas

gilipollas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi, I also have the external-screen-remains-black-in-fullscreen-bug with Bios 1.05.05 on the P650RS-G installed.
    Unfortunately I cannot find a place to download the neutral Clevo-Bios 1.05.07 from. Can someone give me a hint or should i install the bios from XMG?

9. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Here? https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/P6xxRS/

Also here:
    https://www.mysn.de/secure/userarea/download.asp?KategorienOrder=010;010&show=Support

But why don't you email them ? It's better than risking to flash the wrong BIOS and brick your machine.

10. gilipollas

gilipollas Notebook Geek

Reputations: