Clevo BIOS (older models)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Feb 19, 2011.

1. rachmaninoff

rachmaninoff Newbie

Reputations:
    Blacky likes this.
  2. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just noticed you have your laptop from XXODD!!! I also got it from XXODD, 8 years ago ! Ha!

3. rachmaninoff

rachmaninoff Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, but still going strong for the music! I'am currentlly going to upgrade to W'7.

4. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ok, so that M860TU was uploaded by theriko and it's not in my repo and I actually don't have it anywhere.... SAD.

5. Kostasgreece

Kostasgreece Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello! I need your help to found clevo's p150hm bios for the chip but bin file. Thank you

6. P15HmXAMI

P15HmXAMI Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I believe I saw (can't find it again) where someone flashed a P150HM with a P170HM bios successfully.

Does anyone know if this is possibly with the P151HM1 (np8130)? Qubes hardware compatibility list shows someone who has successfully used VT-d on a P151HM1, which isn't supported according to Intel. I don't know how he's accomplished this but I suspect he's used a different BIOS.

7. Kostasgreece

Kostasgreece Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello. First the p150hm and p151hm are the same laptops (use 180w power adapter to doing it p150hm ). The bios for p150hm and p151hm is the same. Now i believe the difference between p150hm and p170hm is the chipset bd82hm65 (p150hm) and the p170hm use bd82hm67. If you change chipset chip you will after programming the p170hm bios.

8. P15HmXAMI

Reputations:
    Thank you, I thought there was some physical difference as well. the person who did it said his motherboard now reported as a P170HM but still correctly reported the HM65 chipset. The HM67 supposedly is also no VT-d. I might have to find this guy who submitted the Qubes hardware report and figure out what he's done.

9. P15HmXAMI

Reputations:
    Update: PCI passthrough works on HM65, if you put in a processor with VT-d capability. Sager has DMAR set up for you, no need to flash. Not sure why Intel says it doesn't work when I'm using it right now.

10. gameboy3800

gameboy3800 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hello! i would like to update you on my d700t system i posted about a couple pages ago; i never did find a non-virus encased bios download for my old unit. i got a p4 661, but as i feared it didn't recognize. so i'm stuck with the fire-spewing p4 570. the good news is i found an nvidia 7800 gtx, and it works perfectly! it can now play all the 2004 games i could ever dream of! i really wanted to keep it on ati because that's what it originally came with, but i'm just glad i have a working system at this point. on the other hand, i now have a rather large pile of dead ati cards i've tested in this unit... perhaps i can resell them in a big as is lot.

Blacky likes this.