Clevo Bios older models (released in/after 2014)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Mar1XO

Mar1XO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    are these prema bios? i want a bios with better fan curves my pc is overheating because of the stock curves and thats bad for my gpu and cpu can you help me?

2. Cypher2019

Cypher2019 Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if Prema is still active in these forums? I've been lurking around these forums since i bought my Clevo P650SG, but never saw the need for the modified BIOS at the time, but now i want to swap my M2 SATA drive for a nvme model.

I've tried updating to the latest BIOS obtained from the reseller, but i still cannot boot from the drive (i cloned the SATA drive using an external enclosure and replaced the SATA drive, I also tried both M2 slots as it wasn't clear which supports nvme!)

I've tried the Prema website, but there doesnt seem to be anything on it, except for a newsletter signup form which didnt seem to do anything.

Or are there any other BIOS modders out there that can help me modify, if not too complicated!, or supply a modded BIOS that would allow booting from a nvme SSD.

Thanks in advance.

3. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    These are the latest, stock OEM BIOS files available from the manufacturer. They are not Prema.

@Prema is active, but his BIOSes are no longer available to the general public for download.

4. Cypher2019

Cypher2019 Newbie

Reputations:
    I realised that thanks. But since the official BIOS doesnt support booting from nvme (which was not made clear at all) i thought i would ask and see if anyone could help.

5. steveclevo

steveclevo Newbie

Reputations:
    P650SG / NP8652 owner

I use bios v501 from clevo and no problem with booting from nvme slot with a SM951 SSD (M.2 nvme form factor) but version AHCI ( MZHPV ) not the NVME (MZVPV)! The NVME slot is the one 90deg to the keyboard.
    I uses UEFI disabled , CSM enabled , SATA mode AHCI. my SM951 has MBR table and I uses a first partition for grub2 . (pre reserved 512MB for it , then installed windows10/windows boot manager, then install linux and installed grub2 in first partition. grub2 replaced windows boot manager and windows 10 shows up in the list of grub2, which I made default choice )
    It uses AHCI drivers and Intel RST is not installed because not needed. (unlike nvme protocol)

Regarding real NVME one, I read that
    It is normal that BIOS doesn't see the nvme storage until Windows creates the system partition with EFI boot sector on it. It is said that during install of windows, it can see the drive, then after install, the bios should see it .

Some says that nvme can only works with UEFI enabled, meaning the nvme driver need to be loaded for the drive to be able to boot. For this might need to convert your original system to GPT first before cloning and also need to add the nvme driver either in modified BIOS (if you have intel system & AMI bios ..https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-i...-support-any-ami-uefi-bios-intel-chipset.html)
    using MMtool to insert NvmExpressDxe_4 module to BIOS.(which I did not try yet)
    or dedicate a USB stick or HDD partition to be booted first and load nvme driver first such as Clover or Duet (see google)

Someone uses UEFI enabled , CSM disabled with RAID mode and Intel RST .
    But for windows install might need to load the EFI RAID DRIVER during install phase
    turn OFF Fastmode

Last you may have a chance with Samsung 950 PRO in legacy mode, CSM enabled, will load the nvme support option ROM located on the 950 pro making it able to boot. (anyone tried ?)

Edit : new finding and error in my statement corrected

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Blacky likes this.
  6. Dridzz

Dridzz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, I have a P560SE, today I tried to update my BIOS because of some erros with my video card. Something went wrong during the flashing and now my screen doesn't boot up, my screen stays completely black and the logo doesn't appear. Mashing F7 and F2 also don't produce anything. Apparently I tried to install the BIOS before EC.

Does any one know if there is a way to restore the original BIOS, or update it correctly from where I am?

7. Shin Falcon

Shin Falcon Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello everybody, i have a P150SM with a french keyboard. With this layout, the Win and Fn key are exchanged compared to the UK keyboard. Bought this computer used with the Prema bios1.03.04 V2 (but without a copy...) and the option to exchange both key is visible in the bios but not working. I tried the 1.03.05 stock bios and unhide the option using AMIBCP but still the same, both key stay inverted wathever i choose to enable or disable. It's not really a problem, but i do wonder if this option really work for someone? Thank.

8. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Apart from the bios you have two other options:
    1. Switch the key caps.
    2. Use SharpKeys to switch them through the registry.
    The Fn key is special though and can not be remapped on all laptops, so ymmv.

Papusan likes this.
  9. Shin Falcon

Shin Falcon Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello and thank for your answer. It's not really a big problem since all others keys work fine. I'll try your number 2, if this does not work i'll let it as is. :)

10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You do have the be careful with the key caps as they can snap and are not really designed to be removed.

Papusan likes this.