Clevo Bios older models (released in/after 2012)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Darondny

Darondny Newbie

Reputations:
    Hehe :)

I've checked with Aida64 and is the same EC dump , P150HM instead of P170EM (which is my model definitely ..motherboard serial number corresponds..software reports..pictures) .
    I see both use even the same KBC IT8518E.. maybe 4 the EC firmware the developers been lazy to edit everything :)) Even if in a raw edit in Notepad of the EC firmw. is written several times the correct model and never the wrong one ... that's my suspicion maybe is a backup of EC somewhere and is using that (wrong thing) instead of what I upload in flash ... //I'm not an expert .. I just started digging 2 weeks ago , I'm wasted :)))

This is how I've patched the problem :D :

http://imgur.com/JN29UUs

....so.. the problem is .. the CPU fan have always just one speed ... the GPU one responds ok (even if just after 70gr.C with soolw increments but still slow speed) . And if the speed is over.. 2351RPM then the laptop shuts down , no beep as when the fan is missing , just power off to fan , 2 sec after , power off to system as unplugged from the wall :))

Is working perfect with a lower RPM fan , as the GPU one ... but is complicated to keep it there , no space , duct tape to hold it... bad position for laptop since the bump .. lifted on bigger legs or on the side ( neck problems :))) )

..or with a custom made fan tunning .. I've cut some of it's magnet =))
    Even with a veery thin ring of magnet is still able to reach a high RPM at some point ... So I had to put 2 thin rings out oft phase to get some cogging .. makes some vibrations but at least the toy is working :D

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  2. Raexaender

Raexaender Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does anyone here know where or how i can get my hands on a prema mod bios for the old p151em i bought two months ago?

I read that a while back it was free and everybody could just download these bioses...but now it seems you need some sort of permission or an invite and i cant get either somehow?

Could someone provide me with these bios files? I'd REALLY appreciate it ;)

3. Fbl

Fbl Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all.

I've got an old Laptop with (I think) a Clevo BIOS.
    The BIOS itself shows me:
    P150EMx
    BIOS V 1.02.14
    EC/KBC V 1.02.11

I've tried to replace my 512 MB Crucial SSD with a Samsung Pro 1TB - but the Samsung SSD will not be recognized at the BIOS (at every other PC the SSD works fine).

So I want to ask if someone heard/knows about this issue?
    Is this maybe fixed by applying the latest BIOS (shown at the list at side one of this thread: V 1.02.17)?
    And, at least, how am I able to figure out if it's a Clevo or a Sager BIOS - I've checked every page of the BIOS without any success :(
    Any help is very, very, very appreciated, cause the manufacturer of the machine doesn't answer my email :(

4. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Who sold you the machine?

5. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    The seller usually applies their logo to the lid and to the POST splash screen. But whomever you purchased from should be the one to provide an update, which may help with your SSD (and I believe the latest version for your model is 1.05.01).

6. Fbl

Fbl Newbie

Reputations:
    A manufacturing company in Germany sold me the machine.
    Unfortunately the 3 Year warranty is over snce last year, so I just have to relay on their goodwill :(

But at their actual webpage, I see they offer Clevo Notebooks, so I assume that my NB got also a Clevo-BIOS.

7. Fbl

Fbl Newbie

Reputations:
    Many thanks, this could explain why I'm not able to determine the BIOS exactly.
    And also thanks for the hint in regards to the version :)

8. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    you can use a Clevo BIOS then, not Sager.
    read the first post of this thread, there is a link there to a Clevo BIOS repository. I think you may have to do the update in stages.

9. Fbl

Fbl Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Blacky.
    I've checked Palkeo's mirror page link at the first page of this thread - and for me it looks like there are 2 newer versions: 1.02.16 & the latest one 1.02.17.
    Regarding your words, I assume it would be the best way to install x.16 first and then x.17, instead of directly installing the latest version?

And also I do understand that there are no newer BIOS updates, so if this doesn't fix my SSD issue, I can break the 1TB-SSD idea :(

10. Fbl

Fbl Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, maybe I'm too stupid...

I've created a bootable USB-Stick with FreeDOS (using the Rufus tool) and copied both versions on it (into different folders for sure).
    I've booted by the stick, run meset.exe, rebooted again by the stick and started flashme.bat from the .16 folder.
    Everything passed, but there were 2 warnings: "PDR Region" & "GBE Region" does not exist.
    OK, I've googled that, and they say this is no big issue.
    But at the end, the batch tells me:
    Start To Get OA30 Message ....No Message
    [PMODE/W]: Not Enough Memory Available!
    [PMODE/W]: Not Enough Memory Available!
    And then I'm at the prompt and the fan runs as hell - after 5 minutes I've turned off the machine.
    Then I tried again using the .17 folder - same result.
    My NB has got 16GB RAM, the Stick 2GB, any idea?