Clevo Bios older models (released in/after 2012)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Blacky, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I would suggest go with stock and later on try with Prema. I never had trouble with BIOS updates and they are pretty safe if done correctly. Most of the time a BIOS flash fails if instructions are not read and followed correctly.

2. Aplaudible

Aplaudible Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi, I have a 150em. How do I disable the integrated graphics card? I want to see if it is causing conflicts with an nvidia driver error I'm getting that I've tried tons of solutions for with no avail and this is one solution I haven't tried yet

3. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    There should be a BIOS option for that. But I am not sure you can completely turn it off, if I remember correctly, output from the dedicated video card goes through the integrated GPU. Alternatively you can disable it from device manager.

4. Automatikjack

Automatikjack Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You cannot disable the graphics card unfortunately. Even removing the card won't work as these machines apparently go crazy without having the gpu installed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

5. kela777slk

kela777slk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi aweryone. Why in first page not preset bioses for Clevo p370em?

6. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I have no idea. :))))

7. kela777slk

kela777slk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Where is find and download standart (normal, not prema) bios for my p370em and revisions?

8. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  9. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Not for the EM series.

You can't. Your display(s) are routed to the Intel HD Graphics chip; you uninstall the Intel driver for that and you'll lose your picture.

There are custom BIOS/EC versions out there to prevent the EC from ramping the fans and throwing an alarm. I think @Aplaudible was asking about the Intel/integrated graphics, though, not the dedicated.

Aplaudible and Blacky like this.
  10. zinv

zinv Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, so I started this mini project to "re-kindle" my old Clevo - cleaned the heatsink/fans, reseated the CPU/GPU, replaced thermal pads/placed copper shims, upgraded to a SSD, re-installed OS and it pretty much feels like a new laptop.

All that's left is to update my update the BIOS for my P150EM.

Right now I'm on

BIOS v1.00.05
    EC/KBC v1.00.05

It's my first time updating a BIOS so I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything. So I have a few questions -

1. I downloaded the Clevo BIOS v1.02.17 and it only contains 3 files - 217.bat, AFUDOS.exe and P150EM17.CLE. Do I only need to run the 217.BAT then? Read through the instructions on the 1st post and since there's no update.bat in there, I assume I run the only BAT file in zip? Are there any steps after? Also downloaded the EC/KBC v1.02.12 but didn't have any questions there as the readme was pretty straight forward.
    2. Read a lot on this thread about the prema mod, so If I wanted to try it out after I've updated to the latest BIOS, can I flash back to the prior version? Does the prema mod update me to the latest EC/KBC as well? If so, I'm kind of leaning on just updating to that instead.

Thanks in advance!