Clevo 2020

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Dakka3, Aug 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. electrosoft

electrosoft Perpetualist Matrixist

Reputations:

I went back on my Z390 FTW and tested sub 1.1 (1.075v) @ 4.5 and now pull ~109w on CB20 @ ~1.016v. Because of your great post (and a new set of K/KS data points), I now have to go upend my previous water mark. but looking at the numbers you provided from other users and your great write up, I don't think I'm going to do much better than my 9900k P0. I'll keep looking, though. If you happen to come across a few that are better @ 4.5 total package pull sub 109w CB20 and sub 1.016v under non extreme cooling settings and for sale I'd greatly appreciate it if you would PM me.

I didn't know the exact details in regards to settings and load/pull between desktops and laptops, so that's a major thanks.

My request isn't trying to create parity between my laptop and desktop setting for setting when using the 9900k. That would never fly.

My request is to dial down on as optimal a desktop installed 9900k/kf/ks on its own merits in a desktop setting, classically delidded w/ LM I can find under load @ 4.5ghz all cores with my preset criteria (CB20 and RB2.56) using standard cooling (Air or OTS AIO) and stock thermal grease (or possibly LM) between the IHS and Heatsink. When I think I'm not going to get that much better, then delid and set that chip up with a BartX IHS to use in my 870TM with the ultimate goal using the 870TM's approach to power and heat management with as good as a sample as I can get tested on a desktop board (assuming and knowing all desktop boards are not equal but you make the best out of what you can control and test) for as quiet as possible day to day usage.

Thanks again man!

2. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    Tuning for quiet daily, the 2nd 5v CPU fan runs ~28dB at 100%, paired with VC the other 3 fans remain switched off. Temps are 40-50c when browsing and watching youtube with that combo, this is at 5Ghz no C-states. You could tune the 5v fan with a potentiometer to run 50% and use c-states to clock down and keep temps in the 30s. But the small fan does have a higher pitch that might annoy some.

electrosoft likes this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    What annoys me is when two fans are discordant and the tone grates my ears.

bennyg and electrosoft like this.
  4. jc_denton

Reputations:
    It's a balancing act, performance ± acoustics.

electrosoft likes this.
  5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I get by with just the three fans :)

6. jc_denton

Reputations:
    I was going to mod a thick 4th fan into the chassis, but after I tested it at 100% on 5v, I decided not to.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yeah the different size fans are likely to cause odd tones going on.

8. jc_denton

Reputations:
    This was more like adding a leafblower to the chassis.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Lol well there is that too.

10. jc_denton

Reputations:
    We already have 3x12v 60dB fans in there, kinda overkill adding more. But reality is that you need to mod both chassis and the TM1 CPU heatsink in order for it to fit.