Clevo 2020

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Dakka3, Aug 28, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    My high end heads towards that but my 5Ghz level is better which is why I stay around there.

jc_denton likes this.
  2. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    9900K is temp sensitive, in the past Luumi talked about how keeping it around 60c max nets best OC and voltage requirements. I've dabbled with 5.1Ghz for R15 and that extra 100Mhz comes at almost 10c cost, ~70>80c.
    For gaming it will be less, but you begin to lose efficiency due to power leakage. And since my temps depend on ambient being within reason, 5Ghz leaves enough thermal room for summer temperatures. But it sure was fun to bench in December, 5.2Ghz at 62c Firestrike, lol.

KS voltages, binning within a binned CPU? :p And yeah, R20 is much more punishing, due to how long it takes to finish on 8 cores.
    From what I recall, that screenshot was tested with an AVX load, I want to say Blender. link to vid

R20 KF at 5Ghz in R20 ~90c - added screens of core spread as well.
    https://imgur.com/a/lEuuEjd

3. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thx for the link, I am ordering the peltier immediately :) How can you solder to the heatsink? I have also a delid guard (derdauer I think). If I am not mistaken with 9900KS I have better changes for the 5ghz... if 10th gen comes out I think I can find for a reasonable price.

jc_denton likes this.
  4. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    You mean vapor chamber? The 56x56x3mm one, its what @ole!!! and I used for the mod.

Spartan@HIDevolution and Papusan like this.
  5. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    ....very...very...interesting...hmm...I recognize those KS points...

jc_denton likes this.
  6. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I think i asked you before, but is that BIOS set voltage or LOAD voltage (die-sense)?
    Because 4.5 ghz @ 1.1v load voltage is child's play. My 9900k can do that. I mean hell--my 9900k can run FMA3 small FFT Prime95 @ 4.7 ghz @ 1.1v (LOAD voltage). Now 1.1v bios voltage is a completely different story because you have vdroop to contend with at full load.

electrosoft likes this.
  7. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How do I check if avx is enabled on my system? I saw that to disable avx instructions on windows I'd have to run "bcdedit set xsavedisable 1" but have no idea how to check it? Thanks

jc_denton likes this.
  8. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Run CBR-20. With avx disabled you should see lower scores.

jc_denton and joluke like this.
  9. electrosoft

electrosoft Perpetualist Matrixist

Reputations:
    I think I posted a response to that in Clevo Overclockers (or another forum) with a screen cap? I wanted you to take a look to see if you saw or recommended anything of note?

1.1v BIOS voltage.

Under load HWInfo reports ~1.040 - 1.048 for CB20 and 1.048 RB2.56 Stress since I'm seeking AVX workloads too.

My (current) objective is to set override in BIOS on the P870TM1 to 1.1 @ 4.5 baseline to draw ~ 110w under load to match conditions I reproduced on my 8086k to draw ~ 110w because that is the ideal noise level for me.
    I'll probably use @jc_denton excellent groundwork for AC / offset tests to dial it in if possible to lower the overall pull even more.

I'll end up testing 4.6 sometime over the next few days @ 1.1, but I fully expect it to plonk.

If I'm benching, it can be as noisy as it wants to be, but for day to day use, much quieter fans really keep me sane especially (pre-covid) being site to site working in quiet environments.

8086k @ 4.5 all cores draws ~83w = ultra quiet.
    8086k @ 4.8+ all cores draws ~110w = quasi quiet for gaming and ultra quiet for everything else day to day usage. This is my new norm and I run my 8086k @ 4.9ghz and it provides the perfect noise level since the BartX upgrade.
    I can't recall what it draws @ 5ghz+ but it was noisy enough to scurry back down to 4.9 for noise management. :)

I delidded my 9900k last week and installed a BartX 4.3mm IHS w/ Silver King and now it is running cooler than before and able (in my desktop) to do 5.1 AVX 0 (Before I was using AVX 1) and 5.2 AVX 1 (I haven't tested AVX 0 yet) on air
    atm w/ a Noctua N15 and Gelid Extreme. I'm not using anything extreme or water based atm to reflect air based cooling with fixed ambient temps.

I was going to hold off till I get a few vials of EVGA's new Frozen 2 that are on their way this Thursday to test to see how it compares (and wrap up a few laptop upgrades/repairs) and
    once the air clears slide it into the P870TM1 and start working on it (Put the 8086k in my desktop and re-bin it with the BartX it has too vs. the previous stock IHS delid). Right now, my daughter is staring daggers to repair, upgrade and tweak her P377SM-A.

Let me know if you see or recommend anything. I always enjoy your power draw responses.

9900k 1.1v CB20 underload.JPG 9900k 1.1v RB 2.56 underload.JPG

10. electrosoft

electrosoft Perpetualist Matrixist

Reputations:
    I mean, I wouldn't say no to a killer KS. :p:D

jc_denton and Papusan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.